Subject Author Posted Replies

The sewing room project is completed
Two weeks ago Yesterday I bought materials rot my wife's quilting studio cabinets. These two cabinets were to support her 132" long arm sewing machine and provide much needed storage. Prior to today...
8
8

SketchUp Where?
Is there anywhere I can download "Sketch Up 2013" from that will include only the Sketch Up program, and not all the other apps that will install. Have tried at least ten different sites and they all...
4
4

worlds longest wood carving
Artist Zheng Chunhui took four years to create this version of one of China's most famous paintings and won the Guinness World record for longest wood carving.
2
2

Is it handmade, or do my machines disqualify that term?
Handmade or Machine Made? Many folks have questions about my toys and how I make then. A frequent que stion is, ?Are these toys handmade?? It is a simple query that requires a complicated answer. Sure...
4
4

What is it? Set 520
I need some help with number 3034 this week: Larger images: Rob What is it?
29
29

Valuable resource
This group is and can be a valuable resource with the ever changing construction business. I do woodworking and also, am a General Contractor. I appreciate reading posts on technique and tools. With...
5
5

CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?
Things I want to draw... ...wood boards ...aluminum flat bar, square tube, round tube, rod ...holes through materials ...bolts, washers, and nuts ...wheels In other words, I want to draw things you...
242
242

Sofa tables revisited
Some time ago I posted asking for ideas about some "L" shaped sofa tables I'm planning to build to wrap around an "L shaped sectional. I thank all who responded. It is going to be a while before I get...
9
9

Record M148 Dowelling Jig Guide Rods (2023 Update)
I've got a pair of extended guide rods 21" x 3/8" for the Record M148 Doweling Jig. Sold the doweling jig a few years back, but didn't include them at the time because I couldn't find them. Anyway,...
7
7

Why do lap joints work?
I used to make lots of them. Now, less because I have more tools but I still do on occasion and I wonder why they work? We all know that wood expands and contracts and lap joints have to pieces of...
18
18

Usenet on life support
I participate in about 10 newsgroups. For most of this year, the wreck has been the only one with any traffic. And even it has gone from almost 100 posts a day down to 15 or 20. The woodworking...
30
30

OT Gettysburg Addresss
We are quickly approaching the 150 anniversary of the Gettysburg address. We should stop and take a minute to reread it. I hope you all noticed that our "illustrious" president decided not to attend...
15
15

RE: O/T: Camel
Remember the definition of a camel? A horse designed by a committee. I somehow get the impression this also does a fair job of describing the present ACA, AKA: ObamaCare, web site right now. Too many...
2
2

Re: OT - F***ing
FISH YOU! Just kidding, that's a good one! :)
1
1

OT: Geezer Humor (an OBG)
Bathtub test During a visit to my doctor, I asked him, "How do you determine whether or not an older person should be put in a Care Home?" "Well," he said, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a...
1
1