Subject Author Posted Replies

Pretty neat video rocking chair-old style
Take a look. Sped up to make it interesting. Jim in NC Chris' passionate hobby is traditional woodworking. In this video, he will show you how he makes a rocking chair out of a stump of an old rotted...

What is it? Set 521
This week's set has been posted: Larger images: Rob What is it?
23
23

Whutzit
I got 34 of these little gems at a yard sale with a ton of drills. They are 2" long, one piece, have a 1" or so pilot bit, a countersink, then a threaded shaft about 3/8" long. Seeing the countersink,...
2
2

Merry Thanksgiving
Finished a quickie drawer job this morning that more than paid for the truck repair on Monday; fought the traffic idjuts and bought everything needed to make dirty rice dressing; and stocked up on...
17
17

Making a rocking chair (2023 Update)
Nice chair...made the old way. Chris' passionate hobby is traditional woodworking. In this video, he will show you how he makes a rocking chair out of a stump of an old rotted out cherry tree without...
9
9

Joiner?
Do you guys think a bench joiner is worth getting? Or should a person get a stand-alone? Whats your opinion?
16
16

2002 Unisaw
I was looking at parts diagram for a 2002 Unisaw that I located that didn't have a blade guard or splitter. I was surprised. From the parts diagram it looks like a real pain to remove the splitter (2...
172
172

French Polish
Several years ago I bought a bottle of Zinssers French Polish. I know some people reported iffy results with it, but it worked great for me. Naturally, they took it off the market! Behlen's Qualasole...
4
4

Plan ahead
I had this great idea: Let's glue up alternating 1" thick walnut and maple board to make a block 5 inches square by about 15 inches in length. Then l et's slice through to make 1 inch slices and glue...
9
9

Blind Corner Cabinet
Anyone have a DIY drawer solution for a blind corner kitchen cabinet? After viewing the prices out there and the desire to DIY, I decided the latter would prevail. I have a general idea and approach,...
2
2

metal band for project?
I'm looking to make something similar to this: The description says it's galvanized tin, and what looks like copper screws . I'd like to do something similar in either copper, tin, or brass. Any sug...
15
15

Lee Valley article
http://fw.to/yFOyBTc http://fw.to/yFOyBTc
15
15

Thanks for the advice on painting technique
This is just a short note to say thanks for the various people that have given advice on finishing techniques. I have always gotten miserable results with a brush. (I am semi competent with wipe on...
1
1

1969 Craftsman metal table for a table saw
My father bought a 10" Craftsman table saw in in 1969, that I later inherited. The saw works perfectly. However the Sears support that the saw sits on is giving me a problem. The support has a system...

To sharpen or to purchase new
I have a few circular saw blades of different manufacturers. There is a local place who will sharpen them at .35 cents a teeth for carbide and a straight $10 fee for steel. Two blades are Delta steel...
9
9