24" ruler

apparently there's 10/8th's to the inch. lol

The3rd Earl Of Derby

I don't understand

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

and the photo shows a normal ruler with scales of 32 and 20 increments to the inches on the two edges.

Reply to
fredfighter

When I was at school there was eight eigths to an inch not ten?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Sir, first of all, it is a rule not a ruler. A 24" ruler would be smaller than a midget and be the boss of his own country. Second, they're not 8ths, but 10ths. Plenty of disciplines use tenths as a measurment.

Robatoy

No, there's 10 tenths to the inch. I carry one daily graduated in 100ths.

Reply to
CW

A 24" ruler would rule with both feet and never put a foot wrong, right?

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

True. What has that got to do with a 10ths scale?

Reply to
CW

oops! they're 10th's on the top and eight's on the bottom. :-)

/me runs away,sharpish like.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Premature extrapolation?

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Sir one can use ruler or rule in this context as the object has been shown to be an item of measurment.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Rule is formal. Ruler would be okay in that language they speak along the river Cam, Sir. Maybe I have this confused with a 12 inch pianist?

Robatoy

But can you read all those little lines? :)

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yes, I also carry a jewlers loop.

Reply to
CW

Ah, but that isn't the important question. Why is it daily graduated? Do the graduations disappear at midnight?

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

"CW" wrote in news:X%mRg.423$Y24.133 @newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

is that a loop or loupe?

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

That is loupey

Reply to
gfretwell

You just have to magnify the littlest detail don't you?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski