24" Planer

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:23:02 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Sonny

Looks sweet until you see that it sat OUTSIDE for awhile...in Florida.
3-phase machines can be run on rotary convertors. Got a spare 10hp motor lying around anywhere? http://fwd4.me/84B
Good luck!
--
A book burrows into your life in a very profound way
because the experience of reading is not passive.
Sonny wrote:

On 4/19/2010 10:36 AM, Pat Barber wrote:

That's a 3 phase in/3 phase out. Don't see a 1 in/3 out on that site.

Yep...wrong one...
Try this one;
http://factorymation.info/acdrives/fmcat_acdrives.pdf
Look at the FM50 series..
J. Clarke wrote:

single-phase input, nothing bigger than a 3hp rating. I don't think that's gonna run a 9-1/2 HP planer. unless you've got a *BIT* supply of trplacment 'magic smoke' that is.
Looks to me that you would need to replace two motors, not just one.
I'd go with the rotary phase converter. I have one that I made 15 years ago or so and it has been totally trouble free.
Pete Stanaitis --------------