Subject Author Posted Replies

see binaries swiss army knife 2
My roubo like bench has become a swiss army knife...
13
13

Woodcarving Magic
Lee Valley Tools is selling a book called Woodcarving Magic. I was wondering if any carvers here have done similar projects? Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee Valley Tools
4
4

What is it? Set 528
I need some help with 3080 and 3082 in this set: Larger images: Rob What is it?
19
19

Sketchup, dowels
While I'm still a novice at Sketchup, I fear I have gotten good enough with it to design things that outstrip my woodworking skills (or my available woodworking *time*. I've been committing ideas to...
23
23

The internet as we know it in the USA just died a bit today.
I heard about this on the 5pm news... this is not good, as we know what the big companies do when they have a chance. They screw us over so they can make more money. Imagine being blocked by your ISP...
11
11

Happy day -- vacuum pump
I needed -- OK, I wanted -- a vacuum chuck for improving my bowl-bottom wor k. Picked up a small HF pump for $75 (list $139, sale $99 less coupon my w ife found). Ordered a kit from Harrison...
4
4

Where is Brian?
you know the guy that made pretty good videos.
4
4

Half blind dovetail problems D4R Pro 24 inch jig
Hello, I am trying to rout some half blind dovetails and am having problems routin g the pins. Drawer sides (tails) are poplar. 1/2 inch thick. Drawer face is hard maple (pins) 3/4 inch thick. Bit...
3
3

How to Get Your Festool Puchase Approved by Your Wife
:) How to buy Festool products with lies.
3
3

Toolstock 2014 dates. Feb 20-24. 2014
Toolstock 2014 dates. Feb 20-24, 2014

Unbelieveable Day!
Great day, today. Warm, eager to be back in the shop, working on the bathroom corner cabinets. I usually have the laptop in the shop, to reference diagrams, but not today. Went into the house to view...
17
17

Why use a contactor?
A friend (in USA) with a 220v, 1-phase horizontal bandsaw in his home machine shop wants to replace the 1/4 hp motor with 1/2 hp and rewire with an auto-off switch (when the blade cuts through the...
48
48

Door opening up, with "lid stay" (Amortization)
Hi all I am not to sure about the english terms, but here it goes I have made this cupboard for my caravan, with the upper part at 13 deg angle leaning forward: (red lines are as I decided to make it)...
4
4

Handscrew rack.
I was not happy with my old handscrew rack.. just a couple of pieces of 2x3 in an L shape. I would have to pull off a bunch of clamps to get to the one I wanted. Anytime I avoid doing something...
6
6

KliKlamps 9.98 at Lowes
I was at lowes, they had 2 kliklamps left... 8" 9.98.. That's almost half the normal price. Wish they had more.. it was a good way of using a gift card.
5
5