Subject Author Posted Replies

Shop wiring and lighting
I have been applying myself to getting the wiring installed in the shop, so far the only part completed is the 120V for outlets. All ran in emt, with 2 gang handy box every ten feet around the...
29
29

1/8 " bandsaw blade problem
I have a Grizzly G0555 with a 12" riser. Added an Iturra spring. I have had no problems with except one. I've been trying to use a 1/8" blade for some scroll work and I'm having a helluva time keeping...
12
12

cross grain
I'm in the midst of building 7 bookcases for our new house. I've got the cases together and am starting on the face frames. Usually I do my own design, but I ran across a plan I really liked the looks...
8
8

Lew Hodgett, the creeks are not raising in California....
The creeks are not raising in California.... In spite of the recent rain in California's drought stricken's Central Valley for the last three consecutive years. Rice farmers in the Sacramento areas...
4
4

Building a workbench, considering building one.
See: It's all in the engineering.
9
9

Ridgid - Miter Saw
First off I want to say that I have been if not impressed certainly not disappointed with most Ridgid power tools. I've had my Ridgid table saw for 14-15 years, and I use it all the time. I use it for...
3
3

up-cut, down-cut
When the router bit manufacturers refers to a spiral-cut router bit as up-cut or down-cut, are they consistently speaking with reference to the router base? Or are they assuming a router-table...
5
5

More Woodworking on the Curio Cabinet
The walnut curio cabinets call for a bunch of 1/4" radius half round moldings. About 48 pieces IIRC This morning I started with two 1x10 walnut boards, 43" and 47" long. I used a bull nose router bit...
4
4

sawstop - dado blade and bypass
Kind of frustrated here. It's the first decent weekend to be in the shop/garage. I recently upgraded to a sawstop -- 1st it's a great saw - certainly an upgrade from my old Delta contractors saw. I...
10
10

I made a bowl!
Or is it a tray. Anyway it was fun. Please don't tell me the video title is incorrect or misleading. Most bowls are made with a lathe. This process utilizes a router instead of a lathe and the title...
10
10

Delta Mortiser improvements
I have always hated the way the fence on my older delta mortiser worked. It would twist in the wind, was difficult to set precisely. Well I solved that with 2 mods. One a simple one, add a wood face,...

For sale: [Example of my work] Stickley reproduction of No. 601 Tabouret (table)
I am not trying to get this sold here, just using eBay listing as a way of showing off a few pictures of my work. I used a chemical darkening process on Cherry and it came out really nice.
4
4

Another woodworking show
I've attended the Woodworking Show in Milwaukee several times and have enjoyed it. It's here again March 14-16. This weekend, there's the Woodworking and DIY Show at the same venue. Has anyone...
5
5

sketchup help needed
2 things. Leon, you gave me info on how to get the parts printed once b4, I lost them , how do I explode the parts in 2d mode so I can work on them. I have a problem with my model here. I have drilled...
23
23

Dado repair... good idea.
I have a ridge carbide dado, I gave it back to them last year to redo, the sizes were so far off I could not get close to 1/4 and the points were coming through heavily. I needed to use it and it was...
28
28