Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacement knives for Delta 22-580 planer
I love my planer but it is time to replace the knives (yes, I already swapped them around once). Are planer blades mostly disposable and really not designed for re-sharpening? Should I just buy new or...
10
10

Square Hole Punch
Anyone know if these are better at forming the requisite square recesses for square plugs than a hollow chisel (from a mortiser)? I have an old set of hollow chisels that I use for such a task (smack...
4
4

Making a Case for Books
Frank Howarth's latest animated woodworking video. http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/JPL3kJPsVdA
6
6

Table Saw purchase question
hey guys, i am looking to purchase a new table saw.......have a 10 year old craftsman contractor saw and need to upgrade. i will have to put it into my basement with limited space, so looking for...
155
155

RE: O/T: What's He Doing?
Was sitting at the puter the other day when for no good reason, my thoughts drifted back to a classmate who I first met in the 2nd grade. We played at a neighbor's house which was about half way...
6
6

Online tool auction tonight
I have no affiliation with this company, but you might want to check this out: I haven't bid on anything as of yet, but they seem to have a tool auction every week or so. I suspect that much of this...
1
1

Looking for wood ironing board plans
I want to build a wood ironing board that is sturdy for quilt making. Have not been able to find plans.
2
2

More Woodworking.....Sorry. ;~)
I have been dealing with my father's health issues for the past 6 weeks and have been having to squeeze in the work of the curio cabinets when I can. Anyway I will be contacting my glass man tomorrow...
13
13

Tool Sale and Auction - Great Fun
PATINA is holding their annual Tool sale and Auction on March 15th in Damascus, Maryland. (That's in the DC/Baltimore area) It's a tool freak's paradise. The main sale and auction are in the firehouse...

Kudos to Dremel/Bosch customer service
I posted a review of my experience with the Dremel Multimaster on the Dremel site. I heard back within a couple of hours from a customer service rep who proposed a very acceptable solution. In part,...
8
8

Sanding disc problem
I'm not getting good life out of the 2-inch chuckable hook and loop sanding discs I use for lathe work. The hook and loop material quickly loses its grab and the 1/2 inch thick pad starts coming apart...
5
5

Festool drills 1/2 off at Mcfeeleys
Just got the email. They will not last long.
5
5

New for me Jet DC 650
Hey, my friend gave me his old Jet DC650. It's the 30 micron size. So until I get a new job I'm not putting a pleated filter on it. I would like to use it for my planer, its the only machine that I...
9
9

anyone near a menards
I don't have a menards around here. Swingman showed some band clamps on an office he did for a client. Rockler wants $50... for these clamps. If you're in Menards, take a look at these puppies and let...
14
14

What is it? Set 534
I need some help with 3116 in this week's set: Larger images: Rob What is it?
25
25