Subject Author Posted Replies

Bosch Miter Saw
pid=GCM12SD I just took a look at one of these. Neat! Instead of sliding along a couple of bars, the miter saw glides very smoothly along articulating joints. Pushing the blade cartridge sideways...
10
10

New Project
I am caught up with customer orders and have begun the continuing job of populating my wife's quilting Shanghai-la with more matching custom pieces. The Long Arm sewing machine cabinets are complete...

multiple projects
How many of you work on multiple projects at once? I started cutting up some wood for something. I can't remember what it was. I had put it aside, all together, and today I am cleaning up the mess I...
14
14

bandsaw problem
I cut most wood without much problems, but I was cutting a lump of tree about 10" dia against a guide on the right of the blade and as I pushed the wood in the blade moved left the further I went in...
2
2

new band saw bearing froze up.
Damn crap they sell today. i bought 2 new bearings about 2 years ago. To me they are still new. The bottom one froze, probably why I thought it wasn't cutting and was drifting. After sharpening the...
5
5

great laugh for the day.
UNBELIEVABLE !!! NEITHER OF THESE GUYS ARE WEARING SAFETY GLASSES !!! - by fuzzface @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community
1
1

Interesting Band Saw sharpening video.. Brand new blade is dull compared to sharpened blade
Pretty good vid... watched it at 2 times speed.. I ran into a problem resawing yesterday, my first piece 9" maple was true... my second one drifted and was hard to push. I realized my blade must have...
20
20

Ideas how to make use of oak timber for board/flooring etc ?
I have very large (living) white oak 32" (inch) diameter and 60-70'(feet) tall that will need to come down soon as it is slowly becoming a hazard. It would be a shame if it were to go up a chimney or...
12
12

scroll saw question
have been looking for a decent used scroll saw for a couple of months and not had much luck.....craigslist has lots of craftsman saws but not much else.. I have never owned or used a scroll saw, but...
11
11

RE: Hacksaw Helper
Some might find this helpful. Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------------- View this week's Woodsmith Tip online: http://woodsmithtips.com/l/ee4a-189894 http://woodsmithtips.com/l/ee4a-189894

Nasa Study the demise of civilisation...

Nafeez Ahmed: Natural and social scientists develop new model of how 'perfect storm' of crises could unravel global system

51
51

What is it? Set 537
I need some help with 3135 in this week's set: Larger images: Rob What is it?
30
30

wierd grading on Columbia Birch.. Made in USA says ON-GRADE
I can't find anything about ON-GRADE anywhere. I went to Columbia's site could not find anything. Don't know what it means. see: Anyone have an idea, got it from HD a few months ago for 51 cents...
12
12

Bendable plywood
I'm making a base for a coffee table and my design thoughts are aiming at a n S-shaped form. The form would be about an 8-inch sandwich The top is a la rge filch of white oak. Has anyone any...
3
3

About: Starting WW business
Not sure why Google won't let me post a reply so thought I would try a new thread in response. 1. You can sell a lot on eBay if you make good stuff that people like. Stic kley is still flaming hot....
5
5