220V small tool supplier in US??

I need to buy a couple of 220V tools to take to Africa with me next month. I want a BOSCH jigsaw, top handle type, and a drywall gun, prefereably BOSCH, with a 220V or multivoltage charger.

Do any of you know a US supplier of these tools in 220V version?? Or a good European supplier who ships to US??

I don't want to ship to or buy in Africa (Tunisia) due to very high import duties.

Pointers appreciated.

I can't take the BIG tools with me... :-(

Reply to
Terry King

If you already have these tools that operate at 120 VAC, I'd simply get a

500 VA enclosed transformer with the appropriate 220 male plug on a cord wired to the 220V side and a 120V duplex box with a couple of 120 VAC receptacles on the 120 VAC side.

HTH

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Terry, I took 110 volt tools to Europe and bought 220 volt tools which I have subsequently brought back. Have you thought about a transformer? I don't know about a drywall gun but a 300 W transformer takes care of most of my tools and a 2400w takes care of all plus multiple tools as once. (Heavy to ship)

rhg

Terry K> I need to buy a couple of 220V tools to take to Africa with me next

Reply to
Robert Galloway

International Tools sells 220v tools. Try this link:

it doesn't work, go to
and poke around for

220v.

I've ordered from them before and can recommend them.

Reply to
AL

Did you know you can run 220V without a transformer? I have a Hitachi hammer drill and a Makita orbital sander both 220V. I have only one problem, I changed the cord in the Hitachi to a 12 gauge after I discover it might have overheated.

Reply to
WD

Thanks!, I'll try them...

I have shipped a 2400 watt transformer which I'll use for a variety of stuff around 'home', but I'd like to be able to have a drywall gun and jigsaw in a toolbox. The transformer weighs 65 pounds...

Reply to
Terry King

Reply to
Tom Spelce

Reply to
Robert Galloway

Well. I guess the right thing is to find a smaller transformer, say 300 to 500W. Duty cycle on jigsaw etc. is not too high, and running the charger on my new Makita Driver takes only 60W. (The 220V version of this tool was $299, but the 'special' at my independent lumber yard was $175 for the driver, charger, TWO batteries, flashlight, case and a free heavy-duty tool belt. So I guess I'm transformer-bound...

Thanks for all the pointers and ideas!

Reply to
Terry King