220v Circuit Amperage?

Are you talking about the stab holes in the back for 10 ga wire?
pixelated:

NO, they're the industrial style with screws and a wavy plate which catches the wire. MUCH safer.
I have no idea how OSHA or the sparky's union ever let the stab outlet style into production. Talk a bout a fire hazard!
- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) ----------- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
"Larry Jaques" writes:

They are what we used to refer as "strip & stuff" for the residential market.
It is strictly a cheap and dirty product.
I've lost all track of pricing over the years but if somebody told me a contractor bought 10,000 pieces for less than $0.35-$0.40 each, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
--
Lew

Most consumer motors have internal overload protection. Look at the nameplate or look for a sticker. If the motor is not internally protected in a piece of equipment there will be an external protector. They won't get the U/L (or other recognized testing lab) certification for cord and plug connected equipment without it.