220 V wiring question

Page 2 of 2

300 volts is just enough for 120volt line. 240volt line needs 600 volt insulation I think.
--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?

You want to explain that a bit?
--
Regards,

Home Depot lists some (in the guise of 6' appliance pigtails) on their web site. Other than that, I'd try a welding supply place or an appliance store (especially one that sells lots of big air conditioners).
Google for "extension cord 6-20" and you'll find a few sources. Granted, they're pretty rare compared to standard 120V cords.
Roy Smith wrote:

Lowes usually has them in stock for use with generator sets.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

I make mine. It's just a wire with a plug on one end, and a socket on the other. Any electrical supply house can get you all the parts you need (all three of them ;).