Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: google maps
well I just heard on the radio that google maps is now showing historical pics of what areas looked like... you can put in a time period and it will show it in street view. Now if they can only fix...
10
10

OT: Fd up country
This country is so F'd up right now. I just spoke to a friend and former co-worker, he was laid off last month, he told me that about a dozen others who I knew were laid off too. They had to train...
21
21

Interesting cheap and easy saw mill
obviously the crank needs to be reworked... more leverage less drive.. And I would probably add some trigger mechanism to pull the trigger and stand straighter.. but this really looked promising. Not...

Rudimentary Wood Working
I had my dad bring me a section of log the other day. Not particular big. Maybe 7 inches in diameter, and 2 and a half feet long. A neighbor of his wanted it split in half with flat faces to paint on....
27
27

poly for outdoor plywood signs
We have some painted holiday "mice" as a chorus created by an Uncle - very nice paintings... They are 1/4" plywood - painted. They are showing signs of "weathering", and would like suggestions on how...
11
11

BLO...
I left a can of boiled linseed oil open for 3 days. Damn. I took a diversion the other day and decided to refinish a few hand planes that I got 10 years ago... wooden ones. I had come across them in a...
2
2

How can you say no?
I got another request from a customer that I have built 3 projects for in the last year, the last being the walnut curio cabinets. This is like playing golf. You have a bad round and on the...
13
13

OT: Roy Underhill's Daughter's Band
Eleanor Underhill is a member of a band: Underhill Rose. Roy has a good reason to be proud. Here's a video of the group: I have no financial interest ... blah, blah ...
4
4

R.A.S bad behavior
I just came in from the shop, and a thought occurred to me that I thought I would post about. I was gifted an old Crapsman RAS from probably the mid 70's. I know; there are two camps on these saws,...
3
3

Odd white spot in my maple.
Working on a top, too wide for the planer, hand planing it. Saw a white spot.. Looked like tear out to the eye. Kept working it, then took the scraper out. Still there. Feels different, softer.....
8
8

Ping Leon Re: Staining
On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 08:36:35 -0600, Leon Hi Leon. I saved this message you posted in January. Apparently, the Canadian Home Depot stores do not carry the Wooster brand of foam brush. (not that I could...
3
3

once more on pneumonia
Just a thought. Since it's so difficult to tell pneumonia from the flu and its ilk, I bought one of the little O2 sensors that fits over a finger. I'm using it now to measure my progress at getting...
4
4

Camping Table Plans?
I would like to build a small table to take car camping (not backpacking). Something approximately 16" wide x 12" deep x 16" high. It needs to fold or knockdown easily so I can stow it in the car. It...
25
25

Looks like I'm gonna do it again.
For those of you who remember what "Jummywood" is - hey there old friends. In the process of making things happen all over again. 12 years since the divorce and my life has completely turned around...
11
11

Newbie drill question
I got a bunch of Forstner drills over the years at yard sales. Some have round shafts, some have four sided shafts. Are the four sided ones for use in a brace? The old hand style drill? I need to...
11
11