Subject Author Posted Replies

Calibrating a zahn cup
After using a plastic Zahn cup for a while, I suspect that a small amount of residue in the outlet hole will change the timing on the cup. Does anybody know how long it takes for clear water to empty...
1
1

Swingman
Karl, you may want to look at this if you need some work. Upcoming bid request for kitchen cabinets in Sugar Land TX - by GregD @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community
1
1

Wood splitter.. not just another one.
Start watching from 5:44 if you want to see how it is made start from the beginning. This thing is really quick and easy.
14
14

Jammed Domino cutter
Hey Domino guys ... I need to swap cutters and the one currently installed won't budge. Before I start hitting it with WD-40, I wonder if any of you have some better ideas. Larry
9
9

Beyond the Multimaster ?
I have just finished completely renovating a two-bedroomed flat. No alone, but supervising and a lot of finishing work. I had expected to find my Fein Multimaster the greatest help in this task but I...
15
15

What is it? Set 543
The latest set has been posted: Larger images: Rob What is it?
25
25

New Ax Design
I know that some folks may this this is off topic, but splitting firewood is using a hand tool to "work" wood, right? Any way, I saw this article today and followed up on it. There are a lot of puff...
20
20

water based lacquer
Its been a while since I sprayed water based lacquer. Seems like "General Finishes" appears in a few of the usual catalogs(I generally use the ketone based). Just wanted to hear from others if there...
2
2

Rejuvinating a teak dining room table
This question may be a little outside the scope of this group but maybe someone can help me. I have made several pieces of teak furniture which look beautiful. Well before I became a woodworker we...
10
10

Is Ridgid Going the Way of OTher Power Tool Makers ???
Is Ridgid Going the Way of OTher Power Tool Makers ??? I've been an outspoken fan of Ridgid power tools for a number of years. Their contractor grade tools have been very good since I bought my first...
3
3

Hand Drill
My lot has expanded and now has a small tool shed with no electricity, consequently my needs for drill has changed. Currently I have a corded drill that does great as long as there is a plug in. With...
14
14

Preventing Salt Air Corrosion
A friend is planning to build a woodworking shop on Cape Cod. Are there any woodworkers from that area who can tell us what to do to protect his tools from salt air corrosion? If so, what do you...
9
9

Bed Joinery
Tell you wife that if you build a platform bed you can have as many as 18 drawers under the bed. I have designed and built a couple of beds this way. I have pictures if you are interested. Other than...
6
6

Oh crap
Well, bad turned worse. I had a top that I was gluing up. Tried to flip the top , I grabbed it by the clamp ends, and due to the weight the 2 popped off, They were grabbing by the front edge of the...
15
15

A table using old wood
Fantastic work and he doesn't use power tools. http://www.break.com/video/dining-room-table-out-of-pile-of-old-wood-2603065