Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Someone here always has the answer
Aluminum trim piece that fits around side auto window came unattached. There is relatively firm, hard black *rubber* to completely support it. What adhesive will provide suitable method of...
22
22

Long hole
I want to drill long ways through a 4 x 12, then as far as I can into another. I want to then insert a piece of rebar in the hole. I estimate the hole will be 24" deep. Are there 5/8" bits this long?...
14
14

volume?
Is everyone on vacation? I read the group daily. Today there were only 9 posts! There are usually more than that on a Sunday :-). But I guess being too busy with projects or vacations to post is a...
5
5

OT: SSD drive prices have dropped drastically this week.
From about $1.15 per gb to less half that. 512gb for under $200. Where 256gb was over $256 recently. Finally affordable.
51
51

RE: Convex & Concave drawer fronts
Part of this season's programs. Concave jigs req'd. Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------------ http://woodsmithtips.com/l/f811-179140
1
1

Good Idea / Bad Idea - Weird Idea
Greg, (and anybody else interested) I am a member of a number of different fishing tackle making forums, and your post the other day reminded me of a trick one member in Malaysia came up with due to...
2
2

And now ... a *bad* idea?
This came out well in the end, but I have a feeling that this sort of thing is frowned upon, possibly with good reason. I made the first set of curved rails this morning, using the jig I made...
14
14

I had a good idea (making a template)
I thought of this back on my last project, but hadn't tried it until today. I'm making a simple template to rout an arc into the top and bottom rails of my cookbook shelf units, but unlike the...
9
9

RE: O/T: DUH!!!
Kept getting a warning that my internet traffic was out of date and couldn't be sent. Screwed around for the better part of 4-5 hours which included removing and reloading AVAST and placing blame on...
2
2

What grits to use for store-bought S4S lumber?
Another beginner question. My exposure to solid lumber has so far been mostly for face frames and I've just guessed at how much I should sand and with what grits. I'd always get up as far as 220,...
11
11

One more on poly
I've just applied the sixth coat of semi-gloss and the piece is looking goo d. IIRC, the last time I used poly (maybe 15 years ago), I did a light pas s with 0000 steel wood after the final coat just...
11
11

shorts - 1 attachment
Hi, I'm Woody, I know I have a problem. I hoard shorts and can't get rid of them. Can any help with organization suggestions? Those are all really good pieces and "might come in handy someday". I...
1
1

RE: For Those Apron Users
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------------- View this week's Woodsmith Tip online: http://woodsmithtips.com/l/f78c-189460
1
1

OT: any motorcyclists out there.
Very cool device that needs funding. This may save your life. Help us save lives! The X-1 is a revolutionary headset system that can intelligently sense an accident and contact 911, even if the rider...

Sanding between coats of poly
I'm finishing a rather large slab and just put on the first coat of semi-gloss poly. Minwax says to lightly sand with 320 between first and second coat. Can I use my ROS for this or do I need to find...
3
3