2101 brace, my first

...and man is it well made. I had read in here and out on the 'net that these are the best ever made, I quite believe it too... got mine for $20. This one is a 10" swing that says 2101-10 (not 2101-A), "BELL SYSTEM" and the ratchet joint says "YANKEE" No. 2101 and some other pounded-in text. The center handle is hardwood and the top handle is the same or some kind of dense molded composite. Awsome. Anyone else have these? Is the 2101-A a better model?
--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
> ... Anyone else have these?
I have one. Mine is an 8" swing. --- got it for $18. Most old braces sell for $17 - $22. Then again, I still have the brace I used in construction in 1953.

I don't know anything about that model. Where was it mentioned?