210 sq ft Shop now heated

Got my 4800w 220v construction / wkshop heater wired to sub panel today and after an afternoon and evening in the shop I think it is going to provide a pretty comfortable working area. This will be my first winter of being completely retired.
SWMBO is very happy that I am so pleased. She also helped with the insulating and panelling of what used to be a garage and now is a workshop.
Thanks for help with questions along the way!
Dan Jefferson
And when SWIMBO's happy, you're happy! Tom
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:58:52 -0400, "Dan Jefferson"

it (G) or just use a propane torch that would be a big enough heat source. Knight-Toolworks http://www.knight-toolworks.com affordable handmade wooden planes

Ease off. My shop's 230 sq ft. When the son-in-law and I are both working down there as we have been recently, we have to sidestep between machines to let the other pass in the aisles.
There's another 24 sq foot available if I get SWMBO a side-by-side refrigerator and get rid of the freezer and wall. Nest empties in another year, so there's hope.
I've been to Steve's shop. It might be 400 feet, but it will NEVER be warm in there...
He's tucked in the corner of a commercial building basement and its dark and cool down there..
Alan

who wants it warm? it has never gotten below 52 in there. at most a heavy shirt and I'm fine all winter. then again it does not get hot in summer either. Knight-Toolworks http://www.knight-toolworks.com affordable handmade wooden planes

I agree. It's especially irritating to be covered in saw dust AND be hot. At least if you're a little cool, it doesn't stick to you as well as brushes off easily if it does.
Dan Jefferson wrote:

heat in the shop. I had a small electric heater sitting on the workbench to keep the glue and my fingers from freezing. That sucked.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Wife bought a Marvin heater to hang from joist aimed at the bench that has 2 tubes from Lee Valley. Toasty!

I got one of them 2 years ago on clearence at Lowes, works great in my 192sqft shop. John
nospambob wrote:

I'll be thinking of you when I'm freezing my a*$ OFF!!!:-)
DON