Subject Author Posted Replies

Granite top project
My local restore (Habitat for Humanity) had a lot of scrap granite, many 2' x 2' and a 1.5" thick or so, $5. Seems like there should be a small profit project in there somewhere. I have no shortage of...
5
5

King Seely
I went to the auction today and there was an ancient 8" Craftsman table saw with an extension table and a 4" jointer, all driven by the same motor. I walked away from it, but it was a thin crowd and...
5
5

What is it? Set 550
This week's set has been posted: Larger images: Rob What is it?
28
28

I need a strong metal part
I need some help in getting to the right vendor and in specifying exactly w hat I need. I've purchased an articulating arm hollowing system for my woodturning lath e. The articulating arm is attached...
7
7

Wood Suppliers
Hi all, New to the forum. I'm starting a small project and need to source some Cherry lumber. I wonder if anyone has openions (good or bad) about the following suppliers. Or if you have...
19
19

Vintage Chairs
I was curious if anyone could identify these chairs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/291168679859?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649...
4
4

Father's Day
I took my Dad out for Father's day yesterday; lunch and a haircut. He's had a tough time of it the last year or two; the difficulties of age have been accelerating. It took him a while to button his...
5
5

simultaneous joinery
Hello my name is Jared Dwarshuis. About twenty years ago my friend Larry and I developed a set of simultaneous joints for woodworking. I have written a paper describing this joinery and there is a you...
4
4

RE: NFPA 70 And the 125% Rule
Having been challenged about the 125% rule when sizing circuits, and being too damn lazy to chase it down in NFPA 70 myself, passed the challenge along to my son who hasn't acquired many of his...
2
2

more terrified wood ... sawdust
What would a woodworker want with - sawdust from torrefied maple ? .. just something that I wonder about, when I see it for sale .. < having just recently first heard about torrified wood > John T....
2
2

RE: O/T: Chuck Noll
Chuck Noll, the guy who built the Pittsburgh Steelers into an NFL powerhouse, is gone at 82, of apparent natural causes. A Cleveland native, he played for the Cleveland Browns as one of Paul Brown's...

overworked wood
The walnut I'm using for the dresser has some knotholes and portions of some pieces are denser than others. These dense areas are brighter than the rest of the board and stand out after sanding....
3
3

the pallet wars
great story here on the world of wooden pallets, at the appropriately-named Cabinet magazine: On the front lines of the pallet wars
1
1

mail me please
perthwarra perthwarra
1
1

What is it? Set 549
I need some help with 3209 in this week's set: Larger images: Rob What is it?
28
28