2 Hp routers

I'm looking for opinions on routers in the 2 Hp class. I have a DeWalt DW 621 that's Ok but getting old (already?) Some recommendations?
Max

Yes. Look into the Milwaukee routers. They make a VS 2.25 HP which have made me very happy.
Robatoy wrote:

I have the Milwaukee 8625 (or some such) and did maybe 200 linear ft of 3/8" round over yesterday. No complaints from it ... or me. Money well spent.
My wife was admiring the look of the finished project and mentioned that it would have taken me much longer without the router and I responded that, without the router, I'd never have begun the project to begin with.
Bill
Virus Database (VPS): 000751-4, 06/23/2007

Bosch 1617 evs kit

I have 3 Bosch 1617(8). The nice thing is that when I am looking for a collet or wrench, I have several. In your case, I would recommend another DW621; or maybe a DW618d if the collets are interchangable. I like D handles.
"Toller" wrote

Bosch or DeWalt...hmmm. I'll be checking them out. I'm thinking the DeWalt 618 fixed base plus the plunge base and the "D" handle.
Max
It may be old but it is still the best in its class. Next best in 2hp plunge category = Bosch 1166 A good two hp fixed base: 690 LRVS. For more on slection of routers: http://patwarner.com/selecting_router.html *******************************************************

Well, I thank you, Sir, for your reply. Here's my situation. I'm using the 621 for dadoes. I have a M8V Hitachi for edges but it doesn't do 1/2 x 1/2 rabbets very well. I was thinking that a fixed base router in the 2HP class would be a good tool for that application. I have a Hitachi M12V in the router table and it does a good job. I have another M12V that I could use for the rabbets but I would like something a little smaller & lighter. sooo. What would you suggest? PC 690? DeWalt 618? Milwaukee 5616-20? something else?
Thanks,
Max

Well, by George....er.....by Pat, I will get one. Thanks.
Max