2 1/2" to 2" adapter for DC

Does anyone know where I can obtain such a critter? The nearest Rockler and Woodcraft store deny that it exists.

My bandsaw came with a dust port meant for use with a shop vac and having a 2" OD. I need to get from that to a 2 1/2" DC hose.

TIA, Bill

Reply to
W Canaday

I've been looking for one too. The only thing I found that will fit is the hose end of my Sears DC. Please post if you find one.

Reply to
Dave

look for "universal dust adapter". I bought one from Woodcraft many moons ago. You can cut off the necessary chunk to fit your requirements.

Penn State also has them:

Lobby Dosser

I got mine from a local professional hose making company. $4.00 if I recall.

Reply to
arw01

specifications interpret outside and inside diameter measurements. The OP is looking for a 2" O.D. The adapter to fit this would have a 2 1/4" O.D. None of the universal adaptors support a 2 1/4" O.D. They have 2" and 2

1/2" O.D.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Grizzly Tools sells a 2.5" to 2.25" adapter (G7938) for $5.50.

no(SPAM)vasys

Bridging between the dust collection world and the vacuum world is pretty frustrating. The "wand" fitting that comes with many shop vacs is typically

2 1/2" O.D. on one end and 2 1/4" O.D. (2" I.D.) on the other. It can be used as an adapter, perhaps even cut in half and still work. You would have a lot easier time if you were using 4" hose, as adaptors for shop vac hose are readily available.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Easiest and cheapest way: grab some 2" PVC, cut to length you need, then use a heat gun to soften it up. It becomes quite elastic: you can expand it around 30-40%. Use the 2.5" piece to force it in and wiggle around until the elasticized PVC adapts to the correct size. Use gloves to handle it, and do it outside to avoid any fumes from the plastics.

Around $2 for an 8' length of PVC = 24, 4" thick and sturdy adapters or $6-$7 each for the Borg authorized adaptors.

Your choice, H

Reply to
hylourgos

Duck Tape.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

BINGO! Jack, you da man!!!! That's exactly what the OP was seeking and its the first such adaptor I've seen anywhere like it. Maybe I'm just not well traveled, but I figure if Woodcraft, Penn state, Rockler, Amazon, Peachtree, Hartville, Coastal tool, Lee Valley, etc. do not have one, its pretty rare.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Check your local Home Depot or Lowes store if they don't have have one they should be able to tell you where to get one .

Reply to
outrider

Well ALL RIGHTY!

Only one small snag ... the shipping charge is more than the part -- $7.25 before taxes for a $5.50 part.

Hmmmm ... maybe I could spray the duct tape a matte black...

Arrrgh. Ah well ...

No real problem ... it looks like they have some other items I am missing, too. I'll just browse around until I have enough of an order that that slap-in-the-face shipping charge loses some of its sting.

Good link, guys and excellent detective work. Thanks a metric tonne.

Bill

Reply to
W Canaday

It takes a little time, but you can make anything like that out of PVC pipe fittings and duct tape. Get the closest fitting and increase the diameter as necessary with tape.

Reply to
Toller