1x8x6 finished pine...what's a fair price?

Hi,
I've got an opportunity to buy some 1x8 pine in 6ft lengths. It is finished lumber (planed), and the guy is looking for an offer on it. I'd like to take about 50 boards from him, but what would be a good price to offer on it? I'm very new to woodworking and this would actually be my first purchase of lumber. Thanks in advance.
Chris Ottawa, Canada
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Thanks! I bought 50 boards from him for $200 (CDN). The wood is beautiful, kiln dried and finished. Worked out to be a good bargain, now I just have to make some space so I can start working with it. Cheers!
Chris