Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: electical sub panel grounding
No, not fired on account of this case. Probably the same stuff that got him fired, though. I never protested, but I also got off with only promising to put the #6 in, and never did install it. Now, I...
42
42

You guys were right, I was wrong
I gave QEP (re: tile saw) the benefit of the doubt, but I was a little disa ppointed, again. I contacted/complained to QEP and they repeatedly tried to blamed the damag e(?) on shipping and handling,...
5
5

Which blade to resaw green wood?
I have a Grizzly 14" G0555 bandsaw with a riser kit. I primarily just use it for resawing. I have been using the 105" Woodslicer blade which performs OK. Unfortunately, I tried resawing some green...
12
12

How does the word "spline" mean curved (and why not just use the word curved)?
Garrett Wollman wrote, on Mon, 06 Oct 2014 04:50:01 +0000: With that as a starting point, I find the woodworking use of "spline" here. I wonder if the woodworkers know that a "spline" means a curved...
22
22

Mitering corners
I think I've set myself an impossible task, at least with my skill level and tool complement. I'm finally making the last pieces of my cookbook shelf units before I can start the prefinishing: The...
12
12

Tool Review: QEP Brutus Tile Saw - Model 61024
Upon assembling it, I found one mis-welded wheel support, on the base frame , but QEP didn't hesitate to replaced the frame, quickly. This issue was d iscovered late Friday, a week ago, so I had to...
13
13

Amateur MMA results - "FALL OPENWEIGHT 2014" in Marquette, Michigan USA.
Here are the final results from our Sept 26 event - "FALL OPENWEIGHT 2014" in Marquette, Michigan USA. (Amateur MMA - 3 rounds of 3 minutes each.) Event name: Fall Openweight 2014 Date: Sept. 26, 2014...
1
1

SawStop at Lee Valley Tools
Well, I was wondering if it would happen and it has. Lee Valley Tools is now selling all models of SawStop table saws. Lee Valley has never really been a big power tool dealer aside from a few pieces...
6
6

Burn barrel
Can't believe I've lived this long without one.
12
12

Was chain sawing a dead Monterey Pine today & had a few basic questions
Terry Coombs wrote, on Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:06:35 -0500: Apparently even Oregon bars can be "micro-lite" as this explanation shows: "Micro-Lite is the name for the lean, mean narrow-kerf chains and...
34
34

What do do with large twisted cherry tree trunk?
I just downed the large old cherry tree that has been competing with my house for space for the last decade or more. A friend took most of it for firewood and found it was really twisty - could hardly...
11
11

Finished! G&G Desk Build
I'm really happy with how this turned out. A few more coats of finish and I'll move it into boy's room. Part 6 of the build series will be released this Friday. Pictures:
5
5

Re: Building a treehouse in the redwood grove of a neighbor (pics included)
Just to update this thread, we completed the 250 feet of steel cabling today by lashing the two ends together using these cable clamps: To keep the cables from cutting into the trees, and to allow the...
10
10

A Few Goings On, Here
Two weeks ago, I broke my left ring finger, while applying a blind tack str ip on a sofa. Hit it with the mallet. Makes for some awkward times, doing other tasks. I bought the QEP Brutus 61024 tile...
13
13

3m pro grade ultra flexible sandpaper
I hadn't seen the new (to me) 3M sandpaper before, interesting stuff: I've tried it on a plaster sculpture. It does what they say, ultra flexible and doesn't clog, washes right out, if you wet sand....