Subject Author Posted Replies

Mother & Child Sweetgum Bowls
Forgot to get a shot of the finished bases. Explore gwr2's 18 photos on Flickr!
2
2

Too cold? Not enough stirring? Or something else?
I'm brand new here. This forum was recommended by a friend. I'm an avid DI Y-er but finishes are not my specialty. The problem: I built a steam radiator cover (out of red oak) for my 8mth old son's...
34
34

Harbor Freight Oscillating Tool
I have read numerous posts here and elsewhere about this tool. It is a much cheaper version of the tool offered by others but seemed to do quite well in real world situations. I have thought about...
13
13

Scaling a bookcase
Ok, I've got a design for a bookcase but it won't fit where I want it. It's about 10 inches too long. The dimensions are 103.5 x 88 1/4 x 17 1/8. I ca n only fit less than 96 inches long. My question...
10
10

Re: OT / Re: Rant - This country is screwed up
One would think there would be a case for child abuse here. Unfortunately, we all know our fund raiser-in-chief would never let his attorney general waste his time on that.

OT / Re: Rant - This country is screwed up
Amen brother! the sick, twisted adults that were behind this video should be thrown in jail. It's unbelievable the lengths that the left will go to advance their agenda. Childhood innocence be damned....

Now that is a burl
In the material section of Craigs list. Mark http://carbondale.craigslist.org/mat/4727411566.html

Father Haskell
A poster by the name of Father Haskell used to post in this forum and some atheist forums. Is he still here?

Luther pedal grinder
Never saw one of these before (note there are numerous pics at the link): http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/4713892550.html

Re: We started the 100-foot long 10-foot wide deck high up in the California redwoods
John Robertson wrote, on Fri, 17 Oct 2014 23:46:50 -0700: I asked the owner about the weight of the deck, where this came back: Hello Danny: Thanks for your help last week. I couldn't have done it...
39
39

DE-barking a log half
I am doing some turning as a beginner and find that removing the bark from a bowl blank to be time consuming and tool dulling. I am looking for a way of removing bark on a green blank. Am wondering if...
16
16

bandsaw blade recommendations
I just got my new toy -- a Laguna 1412 bandsaw. :) Somewhat surprised and disappointed that it didn't include a "general purpose" blade. :( This is my 1st (and last) bandsaw. What kind of blades are...
10
10

Looking to Increase Friction...
Hi, I'm wanting to increase the friction on the soles of some shoes and/or sneakers. Anybody have have a suggestion for something I can 'paint' on the shoes to reduce the liklihood of slipping? Thanks
16
16

Like New 14" Walker Turner Band Saw For Sale
Beautifully restored 14" Walker Turner Bandsaw. All new bearings, even in the gearbox. Wood or metal cutting. Unusual to find a 14". They are usually 16". Runs great. 3 Phase
5
5

Benchdog router table insert :(
Tied to install a BenchDog router table insert on my tablesaw tonight. The SOB is heavy I'll say that for it, and it had a good coating of cosmoline over it. Open the package see several different...
5
5