1948 Japanese Plywood

I have an historical query.
In renovating an old Australian house we removed some lacquered 1948 plywood covering original 1900 dado. On the back of this plywood were stamps saying J.P.I.B. Passed and Inspected (and the date 8.8.1948), along with a sticker saying it was made by a company in Osaka, Japan whose name starts with TOYO... and ends with ...D CO., LTD (Toyota Wood? - half the sticker is missing).
JPIB is now a Japanese bank created in 1999, but what did those letters stand for in 1948? Was it something like Japan Primary Industries Board? Japan Prison Industries Board? What? It's rather interesting history - I had no idea Japanese plywood was exported to Australia only two or three years after the end of WW2 - must have been part of post-war reconstruction by the West?
Greg
Look it up in an history book. I'm sure there must be an houseful of them somewhere. That might be an handy way to find the information you're looking for. This may not be an helpful suggestion. It may be an heck of a lot better than some you'll get though. Get it?

Perhaps the P stands for Plywood? 1948 is before google, so you need to look at a book.