Subject Author Posted Replies

Complete!
Rule 1: Nothing in a house is flat, plumb, or level. ;-) Very nice piece. Great lines, and if the finish is close to your photo I like the color a lot.
20
20

food safe oils
One cup of mineral oil and 3 oz by weight of beeswax. Heat until the beeswax melts. Safest way is a 250 oven for 30 minutes. Walnut oil is good because it polymerizes. Be aware of nut allergies....
43
43

RE: Table Saw Zero Clearance Inserts
My son tipped me off to a very nifty T/S splitter From Micro Jig. It requires that you fabricate a new zero clearance insert which is NBD, IMHO. Included was a you-tube clip showing a method that uses...
4
4

Belt/Disk sander reviews
Thinking a stationary belt/disk sander might be just the thing for smoothing push sticks cut out of yellow pine with my band saw, I started reading reviews at HF on the 3.8 Amp one they have on sale...
53
53

pivoting table saw table
I saw a table saw I've never seen before, haven't seen that many but this one was amazing. I guess designed for production for sure. It had a large arm that allowed the entire left side of the saw...
4
4

RE: Woodline
I participate in an exercise program, 3 times/week. Got talking to a neighbor on an adjacent station and found out he is a woodworker. Got to talking about suppliers pro/con and he mentioned Woodline...
2
2

table saw nickel test
I was watching some vids on table saws to see how many new features saws have now. I think the lagunatools video was the one where the guy placed a nickel on edge on the saw table and then powered it...
3
3

Dowel Stop Guages (You-Tube Video)
Looked like fun. How to make a dowel stop gauge for your workshop. Easy to make and great for taking measurements, locking them in and transferring. http://www.jax-design.net

Totally OT Yeah! Canada
This video isn't for the faint of heart. There's nothing that dramatic, but it only takes a few seconds before the question of how someone could be so incompetent at simply backing out of a parking...
22
22

Another use for your cordless drill
The National Hardware Show is filled with zaniness. See more of it at thisoldhouse.com
8
8

For Swingman - and others - pullout kitchen shelves
We've been needing pull-out shelves for pots and pans, well, since I installed the cabinets a dozen or so years ago. And I could use a relatively simple woodworking project after I'm finally done with...
6
6

PING: Karl
Karl, you probably missed my questions on an earlier thread you started. I has been hijacked and devolved into a spirited discussion of dishwashing t echniques, machines, rack build, cleaning of...
2
2

Doweled Tee Joint: Any need to apply glue to the wood faces?
I'm going to be gluing up the joints shown in the foreground of this drawing: ... the ones with three dowels per joint. Here's what the assemblies will look like: The wood surfaces are edge grain and...
9
9

Pocket holes with messy edges
I think I have mentioned this before, but I consistently get "hanging chads" around the edge of my pocket holes. I'm using the Kreg bit, and have probably only made a couple hundred holes with it....
12
12

SawStop Jobsite Table Saw
Well it's here (in North America), at least orders are being taken for it. Arrival is expected in March 2015 http://www.toolnut.com/Sawstop_JSS_MCA_Jobsite_Table_Saw_p/jss-mca.htm?CartID=1