Subject Author Posted Replies

Woodcraft & Festool Nepotism
I've noticed a trend at Woodcraft of diminishing selection as their Festool stock rises. I've been looking for a Bora MiterMaster... They stopped carrying them, around the time Festool came out with...
15
15

I hate plumbing repairs
I think I may have mentioned (on more than one occasion) how much I hate pl umbing. This week I was faced with two challenges -- a nonfunctioning fill valve on a Kohler one-piece toilet and a slow...
30
30

Prices for objects of wood
What kind of money will people pay you for your works? In another thread about cutting boards it was said that the cool cutting boards sold well. It made me wonder at what price? What have you sold...
48
48

Who to blame
I want to mark the things I make so down the road someone will know who to blame (or praise). I thought go simple and use a permanent marker but that may be too simple. Carving takes too much time....
14
14

Cutting Board Completed, 1 of 6
The bottom, beveled on all bottom edges to add a raised area for easily picking up the board. Also a clear 1/8" x 1/2" cabinet door bumper in each corner recessed 3/64" The business side. Precipitants...
22
22

A nice mallet and clever video
The mallet is the easy part, the video must have taken way more time. A nice mallet. I think I'm going to do a variation on this mallet. No video though. The ghosts in the shop are at it again -...
1
1

Blonde Joke
An old blind cowboy wanders into an all-girl biker bar by mistake... He finds his way to a bar stool and orders a shot of Jack Daniels. After sitting there for a while, he yells to the bartender,...

Ping: Leon
Leon, I'm not sure whether you got it. I sent you an email with an "old subject" field. It may have ended up in your spam folder. -Bill
1
1

Lathe turning questions
s to be tapped 5/16 inch tbreads. ly have spur center, no chuck. What tdacon said, but with this difference, since you have a tap for the th reads, I would assume you also had a die of the same size...
6
6

Houston Craigslist - Antiques
Nice little table - $25. If I were nearby, I'd grab it. Sonny http://houston.craigslist.org/atq/4808042842.html
1
1

screws in cutting board
5th, use a jack plane with winding sticks to level the surface.
39
39

Just a heads up about Home Depot
Well, it's that time of year. Around this time, Home Depot never disappoin ts me, and I am able to stock up on stuff that I actually need and use all year. I never know what they are going to have,...
2
2

Kapex, no, bosch maybe
Well, I have wanted a Kapex for years. Space, dust and accuracy .. but I can't pull the trigger at 1400 now. up from 1200 last year. So now the bosch 12 glide is on sale. 599 at both HD and amazon....
5
5

Funny or interesting uses of woodworking tools/equipment in tv/movies
I was watching some twilight zone episodes and there was one where the stepdad is taunted by his stepdaughter's doll. At some point he takes the doll out to the radial arm saw. I also recall a show...

edge jointing and other things with a planer
Is it possible to edge joint and do other things with a planer meant for a jointer? Are the results as good?
6
6