18 Volt Nikota drill

I just bought a Nikota 18 volt " drill and was wondering what other cordless tools this battery fits. According to Kikota,"We have private labeled products for several manufacturers in America and Europe since 1970. In 1999, the decision was made to produce products under our own brand" ...so, what OUTHER cordless tools out there does my batteries fit? I really want a RIGHT blade 18v saw. I'm dumping my 9.6v Makita stuff. This new drill has alot of power and sounds so much better than the primitive Makitas. On sale at PartsAmerica (Kragen) for $69 with fast charger and 2 1.7mha batteries, a useless blow case and a handfull of drills and bits. Any help on my search. Thanks -tubby
tubby wrote:

That shape/style does look familiar. Why not take a pic of just the battery itsself and post on a binaries group, see if anyone recognizes the connector. Why dump the 9.6v stuff, they are very handy for the small size and weight.

Try: http://www.nikotausa.com/catalog/detail.asp?productid 4&subcatid9 Regards
--
Jon Down
Well that Nikota just died today! I used it less than 6 holes, hit a nail with a 1" paddle drill, heard a snap and the gears broke. Sounded like my old `52 Chevy that broke a ring gear in the rear end....40 yrs ago. Took it back and paid the dif and got an 18v Coleman combo kit. Circular saw 5", a 3/8" drill and a recip saw. Oh yea and that usless flashlight and a suitcase (huge plastic suitcase) Now I'm off to HF to find a 1.7AH 18V battery. Anyone nkow what other makes fit my Coleman?
wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#96753832&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#96801273&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#96807117&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#97026153&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

The Nikota line seems like typical Chinese no-name crap dressed up to look like Hitachi....as for Coleman, they used to make good coolers, campstoves & camping gear did'nt they? Gotta be my first choice in cordless power tools then.......LOL -- Jon Down http://www.stores.ebay.com/jdpowertoolcanada Check out our selection of European made Industrial jigsaw blades in several types of 5 pack & 10 pc assortments, we are overstocked in a few styles of Bosch type (tang shank) & B&D type (regular shank) they are available on eBay for about 75% off & more will be listed until the overstock is diminished (about 400).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#96753832&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#96801273&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#96807117&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#97026153&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I bet your primitive ole Makita lasted much longer than that.

You are probably right. Most are 8 or 9 years old and still work good. I just got to the point where all (8) Makita batteries were getting old and time for a change. I have 2 drills, one right angle drill, a 4" saw and 2 chargers. I really wanted a "right handed" trim saw. That 4" Makita was no fun and no power. I'm a plumber and use a Milwakee Sawzall and 2 Porter Cable 12V drills (that will break your wrist) Rigid wrenches etc. I know quality but, I sure like these cheepo tools. The recip saw is great and the 5" saw is better than I expected!
The only Makita tool that I own is a Right angle drill that my wife gave me for our anniversary in 1983. the battery still works but is basically in need of being put out pasture. Need to get a new battery but I only use the drill once a year or so... Soooo I just make sure the battery is charged before using it.

As far as I know, the Nikota stuff are basic generic tools. A lot of the HF, Homier, etc things probably use the same batteries.
GTO(John)