18" bandsaws

Stopped in at the local Tool emporium (CB Tool) today to pick up some sandpaper and spent some time looking at the bandsaws. They have both the JBS-18($995) and the new JBS-18X ($1250). The -18X has 12" resaw capabilities, a beefier (but still Al) trunion and a 2HP motor. Otherwise, it appears identical to the -18 (same Dust Collection, same lower blade guide etc).
Has anyone experience with the Jet 18" and the Delta 18" such that they can compare them?
CB also had a Meber 20" ($2290) that looked pretty nice, along with the Invicta 24" ($2495). I've not heard of Meber before, but it looked like a quality saw, unfortunately out of my price range.
scott
I have a Jet 18", the newer model is better. It's pretty much a no frills saw - a brake would have been nice. Check out Laguna too. Mark

resaw