Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? (Amateur version POST01)
Hi, I have about 20 tools and will be posting pictures of them. Let me make it clear that I'm no Rob. I do not know what many of these tools are or exactly how they are used, so I will rarely provide...
9
9

RE: Cudos to Apex Tool Group
Needed a file for a project. A trip to Home Depot and there hanging in a blister pack on the wall was a package labeled "Nicholson", a name I have associated with files for as far back as I can...
169
169

Ping Mike Marlow
OK, Mike ... Here's a quote from one of your recent posts: Apply a fresh coat of poly with a good quality brush and Bob's your uncle. I've heard "Bob's your uncle" from a couple of my Canadian friends...
4
4

What is this?
I have this item, it comes from a Giben saw, but I do not know what it is called, feed roller maybe? Thanks http://communitydropbox.weldors.org/pic/17058/0.jpg
22
22

touching up oak trim boards
My neighbor contacted me about touching up some oak baseboards. I looked at a cross-section and see that the current finish does not penetrate into the wood. It looks like the light (yellow/orange)...
5
5

Here it is... Bosch
4
4

Mortises and tenons that meet in a corner
The drawing shows a through tenon and a blind tenon that meet (or nearly so) inside a leg. Questions: How deep is deep enough to make a mortise and tenon joint useful? Are there other strategies to...
4
4

Lexus Drag Race
Might want to cross this one off you list. ;) This insane video of a drag race gone wrong features a Lexus IS F that thinks it can fly. It all happens in just under 20 seconds. The EkanooRacing...
31
31

Totally OT But California may have shot itself in its foot.
Seems as though some wines now have high levels of arsenic and,,, In California, businesses are required to alert consumers if a product contains ?a chemical known to the state to cause cancer.? The...
4
4

Free book on Woodwork Joints
This is a legitimate deal. The free book has a few pages with ads telling you to buy a complete copy but you still get a lot of good information as a free download. It truly costs you nothing to look....
1
1

Re: Lew's Drill Bit Post - Speaking of Drill Bits and Possible Heads-Up For Karl & Leon
I have lots of drill bits that need sharpening. I've often thought to get a drill bit sharpener. This idea has, again, recently come to the fore, as per discovering two sharpeners up for auction, in...
13
13

RE: Ryobi Black Oxide Drill Bits
Picked up this Ryobi Black Diamond drill bit set at Home Depot simply in order to have something to drill an occasional hole. Also picked up an 18 VDC Harbor Freight drill driver. Recently had to...
6
6

Wood movement question
I don't know if I'll actually build this design. In fact, even if I work up the gumption to try it - there would be many challenges for someone at my level - I'm sure the design will undergo many...
14
14

Bad advice on YouTube?
Seems like it, according to what I've read elsewhere, including on the wrec. At 8:30 or so he glues his breadboard ends rigidly onto his tabletop. And at about 9:30 he attaches his tabletop to the...
12
12

Re: B EVIL
I can tell you this and let you decide these replies to old posts I think are spam precursors they are trying to get accepted into lists and thus bypass spam detection later by fooling the...
2
2