Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? (Amateur version POST05)
Here is the fifth post in the series. As usual, I will try to answer questi ons about their composition, size and how they can move (although for these four, they each move as a single unit). Pictures...
1
1

Can Someone ID This Plane
I suppose it's a plane. The pic is somewhat poor, as I see it. There's no description, on the site, for this item.... at a local auction, Saturday. Sonny...
9
9

Question about ripping poplar
I am planning to make some frame and panel doors for a project at our church. The doors will be painted. The doors will be tall (85"). I haven't done much with poplar other than a cabinet and shelves...
28
28

first hand cut dovetail
thanks to Paul Sellers and whoever posted his link I did a dovetail by hand it didn't come out too bad it's a little loose but I didn't use a vise so my sights were set low I got a low priced saw that...
9
9

Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again
Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again I've got a couple Harbor Fright Drill press. One is a floor model. Its not wonderful, but its atleast 15 years old and it works. Once you learn a few tricks you...
137
137

OT: Hand/Twist "Garden Tiller"
I need to remove a whole bunch of really annoying viney weeds which someone else planted in my flower beds (they may have been "cute" at one time) --now it's time for all of them to go. It's not very...
50
50

The Test Is Done
Some time ago was looking for input from the group about how best to clean some BBQ grill grates. Harbor Freight was the tool source and the results are in. First a little background. The grill grates...
10
10

Another groaner
An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Ghurkha, a Latvian, a Turk, an Aussie, a German, an American, an Egyptian, a Jap, a Mexican, a Spaniard, a Russian, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a...

Router Mortising Jig + More on Mortising Bits
I built myself a mortising jig today. It still needs a couple of toggle clamps and possibly one more stop for the work, but it's coming out pretty well. The router moves smoothly laterally, and it's...
8
8

Router bit for through mortise?
OK. Now I've got the plunge router. But can someone clue me in on upcut, downcut and compression? I don't think I need the full primer; I get the basic concept of each. I assume I'll be cutting my...
18
18

What is it? (Amateur Version POST04)
Here is the fourth post in the series. As usual, I will try to answer quest ions about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are prov ide via dropbox. There is one composite image...
17
17

Design comments requested
I'm still tweaking my design. I'm curious to know who prefers this: and who prefers this: You can actually switch between the designs more easily with your left and right arrows. You'll get...
31
31

Finishing Wood
Raise the grain, smooth, seal, paint, clear coat... for hand carved crankbaits for fishing. Most of the guys who do this spend several days from start to finish in sealing, sanding, painting, and...
3
3

RE: O/T: A Groaner
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------------------ Question: What do you call a bear with no teeth? .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Answer: A gummy bear.
4
4

Giving your your check back.
You paid way too much. $3 per night or $25 for 10 plays. See your mail
3
3