Subject Author Posted Replies

Delta Table Saw Wrenches
Hello, My brother-in-law purchased an older Delta Table saw....nice one. Burned out motor, and replaced it. Almost just like new. Only thing he does not have the wrenches with it, and figure the owner...
19
19

have you tried or a member of a coop or shared workshop
i have noticed that the coops and shared work spaces are really sprouting up all over How do you like the arrangement of the coop or shared space you're part of some of them have quite a wide variety...
14
14

A Drill Press to match to a Delta Mortising attachment
Came across a great deal on a delta mortising attachment and bits. I'm looking for a drill press now. Does anyone know if the attachment can be used on any other brand of drill press besides delta? I...
4
4

corporsate stupidity - again
I recently bought a medicated mouthwash product and found they had changed the taste. Not to my liking - tasted awful. So I went to their site and sent an email complaining and asking if the old...
5
5

CO detectors
If you're burning fuel for heat, you need CO detectors. In the past decade, I've had 0 smoke alarm activations but 2 CO activations. Like most people, my utility systems were located in utility rooms...
11
11

Would you buy a mortise chisel to square off router-cut mortises?
I've already fielded some advice about alternatives to square (through) mortises. But for now - at least until I find out what a pain they are - I intend to try to make some. From what I can glean so...
27
27

RE: O/T: Obit
From another list. Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------------------ The following is too good not to pass around. I read this in an obit in the local paper a couple of days...
1
1

Tenon cutting sled
I designed mortise and tenon joinery into my next project, which means I am currently figuring out how I'm going to make both. I don't have a table saw. I intended to make the tenons with a handheld...
17
17

What is it? (Amateur Version POST06)
Here is the sixth post in the series. As usual, I will try to answer questi ons about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are provi de via dropbox. There is one composite or single...
3
3

may actually buy something from H Ftools
i got out the magnifying glass and discovered that my coupon is still good i may actually use it but it's not for a woodworking implement so i won't mention the item and i always thought that what the...
15
15

Wipe on Gel Stain
There was a company that went our of business (Mastercraft) that sold wipe-on gel/poly all-in-one stains in different colors. I am trying to find any company that supplies something like that. I tried...
9
9

Mortising attachment for a drill press
I recently did a posting about Poplar. I will be making 8 frame and panel doors using poplar for stiles and rails and some 1/4" panels. Each door will have 3 rails: 4" top and middle and 6" at the...
38
38

Super Shop for sale 7 tools in one machine
I am selling a SuperShop 7 Tools in One machine that fits in a space of a work bench. 10" Table Saw 12" Disc Sander (disc plate not included) 17"x34" Wood Lathe Vertical Drill Press Stationary Router...
3
3

RE: O/T: Almost Forgotten
I like to use sponges but getting them clean and sanitary after usage was another matter. Then I remembered something I had almost forgotten. Clean the sponge as you normally would then rinse to get...
13
13

value of planes
i am not a collector of tools as a hobby/collector i collect them to use and hopefully pass down to a deserving fellow i have a few handplanes but only recently have i got back into doing hand work...
12
12