Subject Author Posted Replies

Hats Off !!!
What's with all the hats (men) that I see in restaurants? Where did these people learn their manners? It doesn't surprise me to see this on a 35 and under age gent. But gees, some of these guys are...
27
27

OT - Catching Turtles
Jonas has caught a few nice size turtles, maybe 30 lbs or so, at the farm. A slough runs along the back edge of the property. He's bragged, to som e of his friends, about his catches. Turtle meat, on...
8
8

wood for the coffin they carry you off in but not very often
less bouyant and less likely to pop up but these are the right things to discuss so ironwood with holes might be called for
37
37

RE: O/T: Senior Citizen
Enjoy It's ben around. Lew ------------------------------------------------------------- A distraught senior citizen phoned her doctor's office. 'Is it true,' she wanted to know, 'that the medication...
11
11

Totally OT
Just another reason California is where it is today. And I read yesterday that Walmart gets its bottled water from California. It just cracks me up that California allows it precious small water...
13
13

Speaking of Out Houses and Tree Roots...
I went camping in north eastern NY this weekend. Apparently they had a problem in a bathroom and had to pull one of the fixt ures. Here's a picture of one of the maintenance guys taking a well deserve...
1
1

What is it? (Amateur Version POST09)
Here is the ninth post in the series. As usual, I will try to answer questi ons about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are provi de via dropbox. L. Flynn POST09_TOOL33 This...
6
6

Finish for a garden bench
I have just completed a garden bench and need to finish it in a suitable manner. It is built of a South American hardwood (extremely hard!) and is very light in colour. Lighter than maple. I would...
7
7

how much wood do you have on hand in months or years
how much wood do you have/keep on hand measured in months or years not board feet or tonnage alright not even in cordage was fishing through all my wood looking for just the right pieces and realized...
20
20

wood selection for vise face
putting new faces over the cast iron vise going to use some maple i have but i was looking at the oak only because it is so tough the maple is not hard maple but it is also not soft it is just right...
6
6

I bought a corner chisel + question about sharpening it
This one: I will be making through mortises in oak, or possibly some other hardwood. Some of the stock will be 1.5" thick. I was worried that squaring the corners of the routed mortises was going to...
30
30

RE: O/T: Pound Of Flesh
Well a jury in Boston decided they wanted a pound of flesh rather than cost effective justice and thus will start a multi year legal process that will accomplish little except the expenditure of...
9
9

Over thinking a problem that really doesn't exist...
..or is it the "Easiest Drawers Ever"? Discuss... With all your help and interest we did it! Rockler licensed the idea and its for sale now! Here is the product page:...
2
2

RE: O/T: The Thrill Is Gone
B B King is gone and Lucille is now quiet. I will miss him. Lew
4
4

RE: Dishwashers
Sometime ago, somebody posted the following: -------------------------------------------------- I have the top of the line KitchenAid and use Cascade Platinum detergent. I'll put my dishes and...