Subject Author Posted Replies

never again
I've been working on our master baths. So far, I have faux painted the walls, laid tile on the tub surround and the shower, laid floor tile (roughly 4000 tiles total). Now I am working on the...
13
13

Delta 15" DC380 planer
Screwed up height setting on Delta 15" DC380 planer. Anyone here with experience or direct me where I can reset, step by steps realignment the height setting? Right now I'm unable to raise or lower...

Loud talkers or close talkers, which is worse?
I dont know what has changed in the last 60 months, but it seems like only yesterday Evan and Colton were all up in arms about close talkers. They ran ted about how their profs would stand right in...
2
2

Glue
I am finishing up my first table. I made the top by gluing together several pieces of wood. I made the legs out of 1X2 glue together to make a right angle. One piece of the leg was ripped so the total...
16
16

Cheap labor...
...wonder if they survived? New York Sportsmen Cheap labor for hire
7
7

measure twice cut once
the hardware store cut the plywood into pieces about 1/8 too short. I can still use them but not quite as planned.
41
41

Ping Harry - 3" Stanley Belt Sander
After Drs appt., I went by the Belt Store. There are two belts applicable. Both belts are 13 5/8" long (13.6" actuall y) and 1/2" wide. One belt has 40 teeth and the other has 41 teeth. Afte r Bosch...

Cutting dense wood
Came into a stash of very dense wood - mahogany is what I was told. The grain is super, super tight. I tried to rip some of it and boy, my table saw was struggling. The saw is a 1 1/2 horse Jet...
15
15

Flashing Details
I am replacing windows in a house on the bluff over looking the Pacific Ocean. We will use Ice and Water Paper for the vapor barrier..... I will tape over the window flanges with bitumen. Also use...
8
8

Collated screw gun recommendations?
Guys ... Looking for a collated screw gun for two tasks -- securing joint hangers an d securing 5/4 deck boards. Ridgid has one for about $100 and Lowes carries an $80 Senco. I don't plan on getting...
4
4

3" Stanley belt sander
I own an old 3" Stanley belt sander Model # H-31 A, and I need a new belt #MS1774. Can anyone help me find a supplier. Sander is in great working condition. Thank-you. Harry
11
11

RE : O/T: Hello Houston
In the last 4-5 weeks, almost 14" of rain where I live. Clear Lake, just south of Houston got 13" in 3 hours last weekend. But no big deal on the west side if Houston, mostly a problem if you live...
8
8

eWoodShop - Kitchen Refresh #3, 2015
Almost toast, at the beginning of this holiday weekend. We worked this morning, and will work Monday, in order to finish up before the client gets back from their 2015 Memorial Day holiday. In the...
7
7

some wood but more metal
no