Subject Author Posted Replies

Lazy susan and wood expansion
Both daughters want a lazy Susan 18" in diameter. The rotation ring I will use is shown here do I deal with wood expansion -walnut in this case- in this build. Thanks for any help
16
16

What's The Definition Of 'Full Extension Slide'?
I bought this Husky tool chest today. doesn't say it on the website, but both the box and the label that was on the drawer say "Full Extension Slides": drawers are 11" deep and when open there is 2"...
20
20

OT - Really Bizarre Home Depot Online Price Issue
OK...this one is really bizarre. I have an iPad3, an iPad8, a Win10 PC and an Android smartphone. The following link (yes, I included the entire link on purpose) shows a Ryobi blower attachment priced...
2
2

OT: Battery Operated Yard Tools - Recommendations? (2024 Update)
I'm shopping for a house warming gift. I think a battery powered leaf blower and string trimmer would be nice. Based on my experience with an old 24V B&D string trimmer and the size of the lot I'm...
116
116

Replacement batteries
So I bought replacements for a Hitachi drill, they were 3000 mAH and Ni-MH. They are garbage, they get rather warm in the charger, do not hold a charge for more than 12 hours. Brand name Vanon....
9
9

Another Job Progress
So I presented a drawing of the job I am working on and now I have made some progress. Both bottom cabinets. They both will have 2 large drawers. The face frames, front and back for both top cabinets....
10
10

Re: OT: Miter box
I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom why...
42
42

Another Job
So far this year a kitchen remodel in the winter and early spring. A Murphy bed and twin tower storage cabinets to match the bed and not a Pantry Hutch. This is the drawing. will be constructed of...
28
28

Humor: A horse walk into a Bar
A horse walks into a bar and orders a pint. The barkeep says ?you?re in here pretty often. Think you might be an alcoholic??, to which the horse says ?I don?t think I am.?, and vanishes from...
11
11

Wood working in space
<> Kyoto University and Sumitomo Forestry Co. have teamed up on a plan to send the world’s first wooden satellite into space in 2023, according to scientists at the university.

Today's Trool - The failure of our Political Wars.
Today seems to be a good day to post some thoughts from a 2014 paper/book written in 2015 by Chris Mason. "The Strategic Lessons Unlearned from Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan" It can be found at U.S....
5
5

Painting soffit and fascia - possible repair
I bought the ugliest house in a nice neighborhood in East Liverpool, OH a few years ago. $5k house in a $65K house neighborhood... likely more now with the current housing market state. End goal is to...
13
13

OT Question
Has anyone seen my Dremel? (How is it possible to lose a tool?)
67
67

I have a screw driver question (2023 Update)
For those of you that actually own a Posi Drive screw driver, do you find that it works better than a Philips screw driver on Posi Drive screws? Better enough to make the purchase? I install hundreds...
36
36

!00 year old Red oak
So this week have had a tree cut down, it was 48 inches in diameter 4 foot off the ground. None of it is worth saving, it has carpenter ants, was hit by lightning in the past. Was really close to the...
18
18