Subject Author Posted Replies

RE: O/T: A Questiom
Found some 35 MM slides that I had thought were lost but are not. Want to convert these 35MM slides to digital format, but my limited research produces nothing but a can of worms trying to make any...
15
15

bandsaw push stick
for the bandsaw i use a stick but sometimes i grab a larger piece like a 2x4 or even a recent bandsaw cut-off scrap trimming round stock can be dicey sometimes do you use a jig or clamping system i...

OT: Waay OT: Toenails
I cut my toenails this morning and commented to my wife that I didn't understand why they grew faster on one foot than the other. She replied that hers did as well. A little discussion established...
25
25

table saw push stick or push block or ???
no doubt this topic comes up once in a while here is a variety I use a push stick and a shoe type push block out of plywood veneer i use the shoe type the most so i like that one the best which style...
67
67

High effciency motors
While I was confirming that Grainger has capacitor-start split-phase motors in stock, I came upon this gem: While "more efficiency" is a good thing, I find myself wondering how much the average...
67
67

Steel Wool vs.Sandpaper
Let the discussion begin! First coat of Minwax Wipe-On Poly, Clear Satin has been applied to poplar. To prepare for the next coat, would you use 0000 steel wool, 400 grit sandpaper or something else?...
15
15

FYI good deal on a nice bandsaw
was looking at laguna (they finally released the revo 18/36) and I saw they had a great deal on the 14/12 bandsaw for $875 if i had the 875 one dollar bills i would get one of these i watched the bat...
22
22

Re: OT My simple electric bike
This is really interesting, but I'm having trouble with some of the numbers. Say the "two bars" consumption equals, roughly, 3 A-hr. At 20 volts, we have 60 W-hr. Just guessing here, but say you...
2
2

Face frame question + Sketchup question
If you wanted to build a face frame whose top member was arched, like this: ... how would you form the tops of the stiles? My sense of geometry tells me that over a 2.5" width, an arc with a radius of...
27
27

Woodworking Facebook page of Klaudijo Nikolic
Was directed to this Facebook page. I always like to see other folks work. A few nice woodworking pics, good ideas, inspiration and good work. But also check out the "Tonka Toy" front-end loader...

The Gummint and furniture design
Saw an item on CBS news for 7/23 that the EPA is now agitating to require child-safe furniture that a kid can't turn over on himself. Seems that something like 180 kids manage to get themselves killed...
19
19

My Son's passion for wood working and knife making
-- You searched for: HawgJawKnives! Discover the unique items that HawgJawKnives creates. At Etsy, we pride ourselves on our global community of sellers. Each Etsy seller helps contribute to a global...
2
2

lathe -- opinions wanted
I've been wanting a lathe for some time. the price "seems" right. Opinions ( on the lathe :) )? Thanks,
18
18

Drawer Assembly Fail?
Start this video at 10:10 and watch the drawer assembly process. Is this a major fail or am I missing something? ** Read Full Article Here - http://goo.gl/9zV3xN Making drawers can be one of the most...
16
16

2016 Accord face lift and still has V6 with MT
One of Honda’s most heralded vehicles is going into 2016 with a new design and some new gadgets to boot as well.
31
31