Subject Author Posted Replies

Matthias Wandel has too much time on his hands
Building the slinky escalator for never ending slinky stair traversal. http://woodgears.ca/toys/slinky.html
6
6

Pro Grade 3M sand paper
Has any one had any experience with this product. I saw it at the paint store a couple of days ago. It has like a thin rubber backing that is almost clear. Flexible and apparently lasts 15 times...
7
7

SCRIBNER'S LUMBER & LOG BOOK 1888
interesting book and fun to read SCRIBNER'S LUMBER & LOG BOOK FOR SHIP AND BOAT BUILDERS, LUMBER MERCHANTS, SAW-MILL MEN, FARMERS AND MECHANICS. BEING A CORRECT MEASUREMENT OF SCANTLING, BOARDS,...
8
8

58 Minutes of Old Time "Mill Work"
You might like this: Page Not Found | Folkstreams http://www.folkstreams.net/film,187
3
3

Dog holes
I'm making a cutting and assembly bench, using a solid core door with a sheet of 3/4" MDF as disposable surface. Any suggestions on how to drill dog holes? The holes will have to be about 2-1/2"...
36
36

Cabinet number 2 with assembly details
So after the saw horse disaster and building a new grid to set on top of the new horsed I glued the second cabinet this morning. Half of the back face frame showing the groves to accept the plywood...
2
2

boiled linseed oil BLO
i know there will be a consensus here and it will be reached easily i did not want to hijack the other thread on BLO so posting here i have read in various places the BLO (boiled linseed oil) is not...
21
21

the first power tool
i was doing some drilling with the drill press today and appreciated the fact that i just applied downward force to drill a big hole with a forstner bit and the motor did the rest compared to an...
140
140

Ping Robert & Bill (Nailshootter & SonomaProducts)
And anyone else with input, recommedations..... Re: Finishing Walnut Table Remembering my mistake of applying BLO to the trestle board, for popping t he grain, but BLO darkens/blurrs with age. I'm...
10
10

Lee Valley Gift Card Sale
Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's about 10% off. I plan on saving mine for the next free shipping event. Puckdropper
20
20

Excitement in the shop!!!
As I was typing the last comments on my project glue up, I heard a crash in the shop. I knew what happened but did not want to look. The ton of clamps and cabinet weight got the best of one of my...
15
15

lapping fluid
watching paul sellers in his sharpening video and he uses window cleaner for his lapping fluid i figured he just used what he had handy but i wonder if there was another reason he used window cleaner...
3
3

seasoning equipment
some time ago i read an article on a metal lathe manufacturer and they talked a little about seasoning the large metal parts of the large lathes there is probably a more suitable term than seasoning...
40
40

Cool bit for Phillips screws
I could have used this so many times before I switched to square bits.
105
105

let the chair burning begin
i like this and i hope americans have enough balls to do the same better late than never TMI er en arbejdsgiver- og brancheforeningen for 300 virksomheder i den danske møbelbranche og træindustri.
4
4