Subject Author Posted Replies

A discovery: Inserting Threaded Inserts
I made a new (router) dado jig this morning. My old one was made in haste for a bookcase project. It worked fine, especially once I made it (more easily) adjustable, but it's not long enough for a...
23
23

Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics
A few issues: 1) The keys on one end are too tight. I can hammer them in, but I prefer n ot to. I want them snug, but not too tight. I'll work on them later. T hings fit, correctly, two weeks ago......
151
151

Vermont woodworking
Planning a trip to Vermont first week in October, curious about woodworking places (galleries, studios, etc.). Any tips? Thanks, MJ
5
5

Thoughts on the Wood River model 151223?
Anyone have any experience/issues with this mortiser? Thanks. The WoodRiver Bench Mortiser comes standard with Best In Class options such as a powerful half HP motor a six-position reversible handle...
5
5

I disagree
This weeks tip from WoodSmith suggests using a drawer lock router bit to get tight drawers. Rockler offers a bit for about $40.00. IMHO, that is a waste of money. Much easier to use a dado set and T/S...
24
24

eWoodShop - Study Bookshelves 2015 (Part2/Final)
Just finished these (as part of a larger home remodel). The client was very specific and detailed about what he wanted, from design to finish. Part shop built, part built-in. Using the SketchUp model...
19
19

Farm table part Deux: Top glue up?
First, let me thank everybody for the input on the wood type I seem to using for this project. Probably southern yellow pine. I have the 3 boards (~12x84x1.5)ready for glue up. I am not using...
34
34

General lathe
This appeared the other day on the moribund woodturning group: "I have been using my General 260 lathe for about 5 years and it has performed excellent. My wife and I are getting ready to move and I...
1
1

hunting for a woodturner
I screwed up - not for the first time, nor will it be the last, but this one is embarrassing. I recently went to the national model railroad convention in Portland Oregon. While waiting for a...
2
2

Turning Fresh Stock
I'm still in the beginning stages of wood turning but have dabbled with small items which I've been happy with. I purchased 5 carbide cutters which came with two metal holders, though one cutter is a...
24
24

Re: Project
Sorry ablout the pictures - I forgot this was a text-onnly forum. Don't look a them.
6
6

RE: Not Today
The Subject line pretty much say's it all, NOT TODAY! At least 95F outside window all afternoon. No painting, no laying resin, no drinking beer. WHAT? No drinking beer? Afraid not. Even a cold one...
33
33

Anyone Using Nexabond 2500 CA Glues?
Anyone in here using this "new" instant glue? Advantages claimed over regular CA and PVA are no swelling of the glue joint and it accepts most stains and finish. Can anyone in here give me some...
2
2

New Pics of the Walnut table
Almost finished. Everything, except the table top top, if finished. Two coats of finish are on the table top, two more to apply. I was worried about my spraying this large of piece (table top). Think...
14
14

Totally OT Sad but funny
An in-site of the rigorous process of failing and eventually going on to becoming a news anchor. And my all time favorite is the one at the last, and such as.
10
10