Subject Author Posted Replies

box joint testing
Happened to come across this test of Joints, not all types but a few,...and Our friend has a couple videos on it, he found with the wood he was using that the pocket screws, even with glue, was about...
109
109

will it stay up?
I'm going to start working on a makup table for my wife. It will be rather like a return for a desk...sticks out at a right angle from her vanity. It will have a poplar frame covered by 3/4" ply on...
3
3

Thumbtack Job Web Site
Just want to let you guys know about a cool website you may have seen advertised on different web forums, like Facebook, etc. It's called Thumbtack and I signed up about a year ago and it's been...
15
15

OT: just a suggestion
We're receiving several calls a week from "card holder services" as I'm sure all of you are who still have landlines. Instead of just hanging up I've been pressing 1 for more info and setting the...
152
152

good deal Quick-change drill/countersink
i did not know these existed but it is a good idea price seems reasonable too Quick-Change Drill/Countersink Set - Lee Valley Tools Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee Valley Tools...
28
28

Re: Wood choice for lincoln logs
a lot of work it seems to make a set of lincoln log this is a case where buying a set would be a big time saver
1
1

Woodworking goodies
I am in the big box stores much more than I would like. When you are in th em many times a week for your work day, they lose all their attraction, bel ieve me. But this time of year I like going if I...
9
9

HF tool alert
me Item #69544 3pc wood chisel set. Great buy! $5.60 after your 20% coupon. Been beating on the 1" chisel for almost 3 months doing a basement demolition and remodel. 800 sq. ft. Lots of notching for...
10
10

Wood worm
Wife bought a cabinet made somewhere far away and brought home in July. The other day a small of pile of dust appeared on the top. Cleaned it off without thinking much about it. The next day there was...
24
24

Re: Morse Desiign Acou joint Finger Joint Jig
not sure what a finger joint is differs from a knuckle i guess
15
15

Harbor Fright?
From Popular Mechanics Harbor Freight Tools, a nationwide discount tool and equipment retailer, is recalling about 1.7 million Drill Master 18-Volt cordless drills, urging customers to stop using the...
7
7

walnut sunflower oil will not go rancid
read that walnut oil and sunflower oil will not go rancid could not find any walnut oil but sunflower oil is cheap and easy to get so am trying that out on some stuff a little goes a long way and it...
22
22

zippy little z shaped "stepladder"
on the cover of a major chain selling DIY furniture. I've seen similar shapes on high-end chairs. I wonder how they would bear up long term
3
3

new yankee workshop and drill press spindle sander
i do not recalll ever watching an entire episode when it aired but recently i watched one and i had forgottent that he never gave the details and was pushing selling the plans it was funny to watch it...
46
46

Using stainless all thread in large cutting board?
I am making my mom a rather large cutting board as she needs it. between 2ftx2ft and 3ftx3ft. (Need to measure her counter.) It will be made of hard maple. She wants it flat (no feet) so she can use...
44
44