14" Bandsaw Blades

I just ordered the G0555 Band saw with Riser Kit. As I'm a Newbie can some one tell me which Timberwood blades to order for various operations.

1) Crafts 1/4" wood tight Turns 2) 1/2"-3/4" Plywood 3) Re-saw Hardwoods. 2" Thick 4) Re-saw Hardwoods. 6" Thick 5) Re-saw Hardwoods. 8" Thick 6) Making Veneers from hardwood? The Hard wood will be Oak, Maple, etc.. Thank you for your help
Reply to
Ronbo

Yup. Sure can. and that "some one" is the folks at Timberwolf (not "Timberwood"). *CALL*THEM* and ask.

Reply to
admin

I have the same saw and riser and am real happy with it. I havn't gotten around to ordering the timberwolves yet, but I will. Look at this post from swampbug

luck Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

> Good luck

In case the link won't work, here is the text----------------------WoodChuck, these are the blades I purchased from Suffolk Machinery, TimberWolf Blades, for that very saw and the riser kit. They were recommended for resawing 10" or so, scroll type work such as bandsaw boxes etc and general small work, in that order. I may eventually add a 1/2" to use in the general category. Order from Suffolk is by phone only and they will ask your application needs and recommend the blade. I let them do and so far am very satisfied with the blades. . .and the price! Hope this helps.

1 ea 3403AS, 3/4" x 105"(3AS-S .025") 1 ea 14046PC, 1/4" x 105"(6PC .025) 1 ea 31604PC, 3/16" x 105"(4PC .025)

Total about $61 shipped. They cut magnificently! I do not get the drift some here speak of. I have yet to try the 3/4" blade. I have my blade adjusted so the teeth ride up to the center of the tire

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Yeah - second the recommendation to just call them. Took the fellow 3 mins to suggest some blades for me. They're working quite well. Call Suffolk Saw.

Reply to
mttt

I can't tell you, but Suffolk (if that's where you're ordering from) certainly can.

I can tell you, though, that you are thinking about too many different blades. While each of these uses may have a different blade recommended for it, I think you'll find tha you can make do with far fewer.

I use about four different blades on a regular basis, but I cut everything from

1/8" to 2" steel to aluminum to brass to hard and soft woods from 1/4" to 12" to green logs. Don't do any scrolling work though - I use the scroll saw for that.

Just my two cents worth,

John Martin

Reply to
JMartin957

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

I use highland hardware woodslicer blade on a delta closed stand 1 hp with riser kit. It came out on top in some rag review, so I gave it a try and it worked great. Mileage may vary....

Mike Coonrod

R> I just ordered the G0555 Band saw with Riser Kit. As I'm a Newbie can

Reply to
Mike Coonrod

Didn't I read somewhere that the Woodslicer and Timberwolf are made by the same folks? No wonder I can't figure out which ones I prefer!

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Add to that The PS Wood Machines blades sold thru WoodCraft

Reply to
Al Reid

The Timberwolf and the PS Wood are the same blades. I believe the Woodslicer is only available through Highland Hardware.

Nova

snipped-for-privacy@horatio.agresource.com () wrote in news:rcPqb.987$6c3.238 @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

I second that recommendation! Great people who give great advice.

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Bob Bowles