14" Bandsaw Blades

I just ordered the G0555 Band saw with Riser Kit. As I'm a Newbie can some one tell me which Timberwood blades to order for various operations. 1)    Crafts 1/4" wood tight Turns 2)    1/2"-3/4" Plywood 3)    Re-saw Hardwoods. 2" Thick 4)    Re-saw Hardwoods. 6" Thick 5)    Re-saw Hardwoods. 8" Thick 6)    Making Veneers from hardwood? The Hard wood will be Oak, Maple, etc.. Thank you for your help

Yup. Sure can. and that "some one" is the folks at Timberwolf (not "Timberwood"). *CALL*THEM* and ask.
snipped-for-privacy@horatio.agresource.com () wrote in wrote:

I second that recommendation! Great people who give great advice.

I have the same saw and riser and am real happy with it. I havn't gotten around to ordering the timberwolves yet, but I will. Look at this post from swampbug
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=timberwolf+group:rec.woodworking+author:swampbug&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=vgtq3vh1nlg3bb%40corp.supernews.com&rnum=5
Good luck Frank

from
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=timberwolf+group:rec.woodworking+author:swampbug&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=vgtq3vh1nlg3bb%40corp.supernews.com&rnum=5
In case the link won't work, here is the text----------------------WoodChuck, these are the blades I purchased from Suffolk Machinery, TimberWolf Blades, for that very saw and the riser kit. They were recommended for resawing 10" or so, scroll type work such as bandsaw boxes etc and general small work, in that order. I may eventually add a 1/2" to use in the general category. Order from Suffolk is by phone only and they will ask your application needs and recommend the blade. I let them do and so far am very satisfied with the blades. . .and the price! Hope this helps.
1 ea 3403AS, 3/4" x 105"(3AS-S .025") 1 ea 14046PC, 1/4" x 105"(6PC .025) 1 ea 31604PC, 3/16" x 105"(4PC .025)
Total about $61 shipped. They cut magnificently! I do not get the drift some here speak of. I have yet to try the 3/4" blade. I have my blade adjusted so the teeth ride up to the center of the tire
--
SwampBug
---------------------

Yeah - second the recommendation to just call them. Took the fellow 3 mins to suggest some blades for me. They're working quite well. Call Suffolk Saw.

I can't tell you, but Suffolk (if that's where you're ordering from) certainly can.
I can tell you, though, that you are thinking about too many different blades. While each of these uses may have a different blade recommended for it, I think you'll find tha you can make do with far fewer.
I use about four different blades on a regular basis, but I cut everything from 1/8" to 2" steel to aluminum to brass to hard and soft woods from 1/4" to 12" to green logs. Don't do any scrolling work though - I use the scroll saw for that.
Just my two cents worth,
John Martin
Here goes. Resaw: 1/2" 3 teeth per inch. Plywood, more teeth the better. Little stuff: 1/8". Mostly I use a 1/4" with 4-6 teeth per inch (TPI) Ask Suffolk Machinery; they are more than glad to help you and what is even better is that they know what they are talking about.
On 07 Nov 2003 19:13:37 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JMartin957) wrote:

I use highland hardware woodslicer blade on a delta closed stand 1 hp with riser kit. It came out on top in some rag review, so I gave it a try and it worked great. Mileage may vary....
Mike Coonrod
Ronbo wrote:

Didn't I read somewhere that the Woodslicer and Timberwolf are made by the same folks? No wonder I can't figure out which ones I prefer!

Add to that The PS Wood Machines blades sold thru WoodCraft

Believe PS blades are Suffolk. They may have more than one to offer but do sell Suffolk blades.
On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 00:15:50 GMT, "Al Reid"
"Lawrence A. Ramsey" wrote:

The Timberwolf and the PS Wood are the same blades. I believe the Woodslicer is only available through Highland Hardware.
Woodslicer IS only available the HH but I still think I read where it is the same as Timberwolf.

I tried the earlier version of Woodslicer then tried Timberwolf and there was NO apparent similarity. HH was super high tension then, don't know what current version needs, and didn't see need to go back to bearing stress. Call Suffolk and ask.
On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 11:06:15 -0600, Lawrence A. Ramsey

Not at all. Woodslicer has a thinner kerf, uses higher tension, has variable 3-4 TPI. A very different blade from Timberwolf.
On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 11:06:15 -0600, Lawrence A. Ramsey

Thanks for the Info. I Will contact the folks @ TimberWolf. My saw arrives Tuesday and I can't wait :-)