Subject Author Posted Replies

free shipping at hf
do they ever offer free shipping at hf some places have free shipping periods but i cannot recall hearing about hf doing that
4
4

Leonard Lee RIP
Leonard Lee, the founder of Lee Valley and Veritas Tools passed away recent ly. He used to be a contributor directly and indirectly to this forum a nu mber of years ago. There is an interesting...
9
9

securing plexiglass to wood
thinking that some nylon washers would be best but they are not clear maybe there is a better way to attach plexiglass to wood the plexiglass only has to span a couple of inches maybe i will just cut...
5
5

Ping - Chairman
Have any use for any of these tools? ... in your area. No one has bid on the Jet jointer, yet. Sale ends tomorrow. I've been watching the 16" jointer in Pflugerville. I'm wondering if their (J Kraft,...
20
20

recycling piano wood
there are many many free pianos on craigslist one reason i have not used them for wood is because i could not haul one back to dismantle and i did not want to demolish it in sight of the donator...
12
12

Covering metal shelves
In my new shop I have some Steelcase metal cabinets I picked up for $100 and I want to cover the shelves with some sheet vinyl left over from a bathroom floor. It isn't a thick vinyl but should last...
3
3

plastic mirror vs. glass
making a small box and while looking for a suitalbe piece of mirror i found that there are stick on plastic mirrors does anyone know how good they are at reflecting clearly concerned that it may not...
4
4

Trim Router: Rigid Fixed Base vs. Grizzly T27139 Plunge - Opinions?
The Rigid Fixed Base Trim Router is $99 with a free 1/4 sheet sander tossed in. I don't need another sander, but if the router is any good, I'd spring for it. Good reviews and the lifetime guarantee...
15
15

small project
I had some work to do for someone. They have these dollies for AV equipment, and he wanted new handles routed into the dollies.... simple right. Well when I saw them, I knew I had to remove the...
3
3

high pressure water cutter for wood
will there ever be a high pressure water cutter for the average woodworker maybe someone already makes them the paper industry uses this to cut paper this would really cut down on sawdust okay now you...
5
5

Favorite Bed Rail Fastener?
I'm getting ready to order some bed rail fasteners. I'd prefer that the fasteners not be visible from the outside of the bed, i.e. no bolts. I used this style in the past (~20 years ago) and really...
14
14

Helpful Hint about HF diamond sharpener?
On sale ATM These things are easy to hold, fit the hand well, and do a super job of flattening your regular stones quickly. Or even good for flattening the backs of chisels quickly, changing angles or...

air vs electric
was looking at an orbital air sander and the claim was that it did a better job then similar electric sander the only thing i could think of that would be different was that it was higher rpms but my...
5
5

Solar kiln framing questions
I'm making this solar kiln. My kiln is smaller, 8' X 4'. I haven't done much framing in my life, so I'm a little at sea, although it looks pretty straightforward. But I do have t wo questions. On page...
4
4

pickup trucks
do not know much about the significance of the models chosen i like them all but the 53 chevy is my favorite of the four with the ih in second place
6
6