Subject Author Posted Replies

need plans for a roll top breadbox
Just decided to make a roll top breadbox, and just so I don't screw it up I was wondering if anyone had plans to help me on my way? Thanks, Clint
4
4

Anti-Gloat - How my dogs ruined my day...
Last Thursday evening, we brought our two Labrador Retrievers to the vet because they were both having ear problems. She prescribed a medicine and gave us a little warning that sometimes the medicine...
25
25

edge glue PT Lumber
I need to edge glue 2 5" sections of 1 inch (dimensional not nominal) PT lumber for a custom fabricated tread ( i need to match the existing treads so off the shelf lumber won't work). I am going to...
2
2

Router base question
I was just given a Ryobi fixed base router (R161) and I was wondering if it is possible to purchase a plunge base for it. I was in the market for an entry-level plunge router to replace my very old...

More drum sander questions.
I asked some questions in another thread earlier today, but I was a late arriver to the thread. So I'm posting them again (with more questions) so that more people may see them. I hope this doesn't...
3
3

Rail & Stile bit set up help needed
Apparently there is a moron gas leak in my workshop. I bought a set of rail & stile bits labeled 1-5/8. Before I cut up even one more forest of 'practice' wood, I've got a couple questions. Well,...
2
2

subfloor as flooring
Several years ago I read about using subfloor ( the one with all the chuncks and chips of wood) to create a countertop. The subfloor was sealed etc. I want to use this same idea as my flooring in my...
5
5

Norm uses a tool without a tail?
McFeelys sells an adapter for Yankee screwdrivers that accepts regular 1/4" driver bits. Just enter "yankee" in their search box on McFeely's - over 40 Years supplies fasteners, fine woodworking tools...
14
14

Plywood Thickness for chair seat?
Does it matter whether I use 1/2 or 3/4? 1/2 would be lighter 3/4 would be a little stronger and take a staple better I don't see that it much matters, but never having done this before I don't want...
10
10

Router bit choice for panel slots in stiles...
The cabinet I'm working on calls for a 1/4" slot in the stiles & rails for the panels. I'm planning to cut them using my router with either a slotting bit freehand or using a straight bit and the...
7
7

Lowe's tool chest plan
Last week somebody posted a link to an oak tool chest plan from Lowe's. I decided it would make a good project for this weekend. My first deviation from the plan was to go with pine due to the...
11
11

repairing "egg-beater" style drill chuck
I had one of these that needed springs. What I used was the little springs that fit against the tumblers of a lock cylinder. HB
7
7

performax sander question
For those of you with teh 16/32 and 22/44 sanders, I have a question. I read a fine woodworking article from a while back talking about the 16/32 and some other sanders. It says that for the...
37
37

Makita laminate trimmer - need help wih chamfering
Just bought a Makita 3709 (looks like 3707 withouth the light) laminate trimmer. The manual is close to useless (paper and on-line). There is a line in the parts list "Trimmer base assemvly (for...
2
2

Which clear finish for Cypress Porch Ceiling?
I'm doing a Cypress ceiling on a Porch (390 sq. ft.) and I want to leave the cypress natural. I'd like to avoid the initial yellowing associated with oil based products. I've been searching the net...
1
1