Subject Author Posted Replies

Log Bed questions
I am cutting down some of my Alder trees and plan to make a queen sized bed. I will use a 6" log for the 4 posts, 4" for the rails and 2-3" for the spindles. The tools I have are 1/2 drill with...
2
2

18th century finish
Hello! I have a question about the original finishes on 18th century high-style furniture. It was my impression that most furniture from this era was finished with several coats of linseed oil and...
9
9

Sawstop Cabinet Saw
.What is it like to be perfect? It's lonely at the top but someone's got to do it. :)
130
130

Fine Woodworking Magazines for sale
I have a complete collection of Fine Woodworking Magazine, Taunton Press Issues 1 to 131 with an Index for Issues 1 to 100. The set is in perfect condition and I'd like $400. for a quick sale. I live...

A site that had woodworking magazine indexes?
I've seen a few posts and visited the two sites a couple of times, but they allude me in my bookmarks. a Google search on woodworking magazine index does not turn up the sites I recall. I was pretty...
1
1

jointing and gluing
I'm in the process of building some pieces out of wormy maple. I have the lumber but in order to edge join the boards into panels I first need to joint them and then glue them up. I've found a mill...
19
19

hygienic repair on chopping board
i have an old and much loved wooden chopping board that is constructed with strips of wood that are glued together. at one place the wood strips are bending away from each other leaving a thin crack....
6
6

O T Chrismas Lights
I know you can sympathize . . . When I was a kid, we had two strings of lights on the Christmas tree. One string had the big, bright bulbs that were so hot they'd raise a blister if you touched them....
7
7

Sawstop
Does anyone have one? How's it compare to Unisaws? Wilson
8
8

Is MDF board good for cabinets
[snipper to brevitize] Now, was than an "epoxy" or a "two-part" (I was going through some archives.. seems that "epoxy vs two-part" horse is pretty much flogged to death by now, eh?)
26
26

Spray gun question
I am nearly ready to paint my MDF desk that I made for my daughter and I am wanting to spray paint it. I have been looking at a HVLP spray gun but I need some advice on the size of the needles. The...
7
7

OT: Oldest pushstick is gone
Oscar, 1988-2006 The original shopcat. Jade took over when Oscar retired to the sunny window project. I'm gonna miss him. Andy
5
5

Slight OT - Flattening Chainsaw bar...?
Howdy, I pinched, and then had to replace the bar on my Husqvarna chainsaw. As I removed the cardboard "scabbard" in which it was packed I saw printed information about maintaining the bar. One step...
14
14

Dial indicator-gear pullers-go nuts.
I just HAD to put a dial indicator on the blade on my LS1013 Makita SCMS. Just HAD to. It was cutting just fine, but I had to know just HOW fine. Is that a couple of thou worth of wobble I see? Maybe...
4
4

FTNIPI - An Update
Hello! www.woodworking.wizkids is the new kid on the block in offering free woodworking plans, free woodworking advice, hints and tips on carpentry and alike. Over the 2 months we've been going we had...