Subject Author Posted Replies

crosscut on T.S :
Hi Wood workers. I have an project that requires an 1/4" x 22" x 102" piece of G1S plywood I have an small T.S. the top about 24" x 28" my problem is trying to cross cut the plywood as accurately as...
12
12

Florida bookcase tragedy
Also even for more aware folks, when you are looking for a large object i.e. person, you tend not to look in small places as you would for lost keys. Pete C.
59
59

Cub Scout Project
Damn Tom, I had to reread PineWood Derby Garage Project 2 more times before I realised you were "NOT" meaning/saying PineWood Derby Project to be done in the Garage. You can lead some people to...
26
26

Mission style coffee table - What would Gustav Stickley do??
I'm starting to design plans to build a mission style coffee table out of qtr sawn white oak with flake. I'd like to capture as many design elements from the classic mission style era as possible. One...
11
11

Wanted table leaf latch non-marring design to allow stacking of leaves
Does any one know where I can get a latch that will clamp the leave on my table together and still allow me stack the leaves when they are not in use without scratching them. (I have six leaves) There...
2
2

Asthetics opinions wanted on lighting outside of shop
Local code requires a man light above the shop man door, I'm hoping I can get away with it to the side and about even with the top of the door frame. I'd like some asthetic opinions on light placement...
1
1

Need advice on hanging Large Cabinet Doors
I built something similar a few years back. I don't know the reason for her not wanting the drawers. But the lady I built this one for didn't either. I just built it as though the drawers were there,...
4
4

Woodcraft clamp deal
"Cheaper", no doubt -- and I *know* where *those* came from -- it's the "comparable" part that I'm wondering about. >>>>>>>> Looks almost too good to be true -- what's the country of origin?
50
50

Bugger, bugger, bugger
G'day all, What a shit of a way to end a good day. I have been making the bench tops for the new kitchen and things went extremely smooth. Had to place 2 joins in the laminate and both turned out as...
8
8

14" Planer upgrade pt1 w/pics
Very nice David, good job.
8
8

Does anybody make a Flexible Brush Grommet?
In a web search for large desk grommets I ran across several sites that advertised a "Flexible Brush Grommet" that looked like a strip of nylon brush mateial. All these sites linked to the same place...
3
3

How to re-flush a protruding corner on an ill-glued hutch glass-panel door repair
I've got a antiqued pine hutch with two 18" x 32" back-paneled glass doors. The rails and stiles are 3/4" stock x 2-1/4", the mutins are 3/4" stock x 3/4". Its got black rod & hinge hardware...
2
2

Circle cutting on Bandsaw
I need to cut some 61/2" diameter circles out of 3/4" stock. I have a Jet 14" bandsaw. I know there are many places where a quick and easy circle cutting jig for a bandsaw has been published. However,...
5
5

Made a Maple Box
I made a maple memory box for my son Porter (8-months). It features curved legs and a birds eye maple top. Hinges are from Rockler. Let me know what you think. (last project on the page)
16
16

Dusty wet / dry vacuum
My apologies if this is not the appropriate group for this topic, but I have no idea what group is? Any suggestions for the right group to ask this, gratefully accepted. Unfortunately there is no...
11
11