Subject Author Posted Replies

Sawstop demo
There's been a lot of SawStop discussion lately, but (at least here in Baltimore) WoodCraft is putting on a demo of the SawStop Dec 8 - 10. Might be fun to watch. I hope they're not asking for...
5
5

Simpleton needs quik learnin wrt a router&table set-up (ogee w/ bearing)
I have had a little knowledge, so I pick up a product and use it, until I realize I can't anymore. I am routing a shape to the bottom edge of some 5/8" mdf for the rim holding my plastic into a...
10
10

ISO - Cordless Finish Nailer w/Trigger Safety
I'm looking for a cordless finish nailer with a trigger safety instead of the traditional safety at the nose of the gun. I find that thing gets in the way and while I know there is not an OEM that...
5
5

Sources for Detail Molding??
Hello, Im in the process of making a set of bunkbeds. Its on the order of this : really like the oval bow detail on this bed - anyone have any sources that sell "detail" moldings like this? Thanks,...
2
2

Joining particle boards.
How do I join particle or MDB boards? Peter.
10
10

Conference room table questions
Hello all. I have a few questions for the experts out there. My boss has asked me to build a table for a conference room. It is a challenging project and I am excited and hesitant about it at the same...
12
12

New cabinet.
Daughter in law wanted a cabinet to fit in available space and to match other cabinets. So I took this on as a challenge. My skills are not as good as the things you woodworkers do. Made with 2 doors,...
2
2

1/4 Sheet Sander/ Bandsaw Riser
Is there any advantage in using a 1/4 sheet sander over a 1/2 sheet sander? I have an old Craftsman 1/2 sheet, 1'2 HP, 4400 spm, orbital/straight line. I've been considering a DeWalt 1/4 sheet Palm...
12
12

Finishing questions (varathane vs hydrocote vs ???, etc.)
The short version (I hope). Here I thought I could start finishing the kitchen cabinets today in the lovely 65F weather we're having. But, no-oo. Background: I have this lovely hvlp system raring to...
5
5

Grommet for computer desk
The other day someone posted a request for special grommets. One of the largest distributors of this type of furniture component is Doug Mockett, Inc. may help you find what you need. Dennis Slabaugh,...
1
1

PIRATE TREASURE CHEST
Personally I doubt anyone would sell a pirate any plywood, but you never know. JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock. How To Build a Pirate Treasure Chest, Free Pirate Treasure chest plans
1
1

BANDSAWN BOX
Yeah, they're pay plans, but if you scroll down, there's some free ones too. Did you actually think I'd list pay plans without saying so? JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

Birds eye veneering
You might start by looking at these two links: and HeatLock FAQ Iron-On Veneering With Heat LockĀ™ Adhesive
1
1

A new challenge
My own sons were long grown and gone before I got much chance to put together a decent wood shop. But I am about to 'inherit' a boy just entering his teens. His Dad, a friend of mine, died almost 2...
23
23

How dangerous are lathes?
I have just finished a bowl turning course; my first lathe work. The instructor is very casual about safety; he says that is reasonable, since no one ever get hurt on a lathe. I wonder how true that...
87
87