Subject Author Posted Replies

Problem braising bandsaw blades
I recently decided to learn how repair my broken bandsaw blades, but am having some trouble getting a good joint. Everything lines up well and the solder seems to be well connected, but when I grind...
13
13

Upsizing Dust Collector Port
Hi, I'm about to buy a dust collector that has a 4" port. I've read some posts that suggest not using 4" ducting in the shop but to use 5" or 6" ducting and then reduce to 4" at the dust collector and...
7
7

removing bleach stain from oak
A bottle of chlorine bleach sat on my oak floor. Turns out there was bleach on the bottom of the bottle. Now the floor has dried but the bleach left behind what appear to be white deposits in the...
5
5

online store succeeds selling bits, tools, hardware
A&H Turf & Specialities: The Nuts & Bolts of Growing a Business In 1984 Dave Anderson and his dad, Al, founded A&H Turf & Specialties just a stone's throw from where the main building stands today. As...
2
2

Checking carcase for racking.
I have an old armoire whose doors have never fit quite right. This thing is pretty good size (4' x 7') so it's a little unwieldy. I know that the corners aren't exactly square, left to right, but I'm...
4
4

Taitnor saw set booklet
Hi there, Does anyone know where I can get a copy of "Suggestions on the care of Saws by C C Taintor " Thanks in advance Peter
6
6

What is it? CXLVI
The latest set of photos has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
14
14

Davids Kitchen Update 6, made lots of doors (w/20 pics!)
Hello everyone, In my last post I had milled up enough rail and stile stock to make 21 doors, don't have any overall great plan on how this kitchen gets built, each step relies on the previous one....
8
8

4 places, 4 woods -- help me find....
I want to build a scotch cabinet and use woods from the 4 places I've lived: -- persimmon from western South Carolina -- eucalyptus from Southern California -- aspen from Colorado -- Osage orange from...
15
15

1st project for a total noob...
Hi all. I'm trying to build a fairly basic tv stand for my first project. I plan on using 3/4 hardwood plywood for the 5 sides of the case. Approx. size of the box is 14"x18"x24". I planned on mitred...
20
20

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
Amazing. Which one of you guys is that? JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.
25
25

How powerful a bandsaw motor is powerful enough?
I am contemplating replacing my 14" bandsaw and tablesaw with a bigger bandsaw. I think I have a handle on the good and bad points of that scheme. (but if you have any profound insights...) My 14" is...
37
37

Clamping Cauls
I'm thinking of making some dedicated clamping cauls out of maple, and was wondering about dimensions. Say I use 8/4 stock, how "tall" should they be, and given that thickness and height, to what...
20
20

16 Foot Straightedge?
Hey, anyone got a suggestion for a 16 foot long straightedge? I'd like to be able to use it for template routing, rather than jointing, the edges of long panels and boards. I'm thinking an aluminum...
13
13

Treated decking - warping
I have a 20x30 foot deck that has some 5/4 6" treated pine(I think it's pine) decking that is starting to cup and warp... I'm getting a few half inch gaps now between the boards...it's only been a few...
11
11