Subject Author Posted Replies

Thickness plane from 2 1/8 > 1 1/4 ?
Hi all, I'm needing some more advice on thickness planing. I'm in my early projects stage after inheriting tools from my father. My plans call for 1 1/4" boards. When I went to the wood store I found...
9
9

wall moldings
I'm interested in making some wall molding for my living room. I would like to have rounded corners for this shape.... ----------- / | | | | | | | | / ------------ It's going to be about 3 feet tall...
1
1

building bedframe
What type of wood should I use to build a bedframe for a queen sized bed? I'd like to make poster-type 2x2" post, 1/2"x2" slats within the headboard footboad in a "mission style" design, so a basic...
12
12

DFW area cab grade plywood suppliers?
I'm looking for suggestions for a good cabinet grade plywood supplier in the DFW-north area. I'll probably be needing about 10 sheets of 3/4" oak for an upcoming project. There has to be something...
1
1

Making tenons
I must have read a thousand articles and looked at many variations of jigs that produce a tenon. I have never come up with a jig that I liked that produced a tenon in a reasonable amount of time. I...
38
38

Custom designs, Flash
You can now get your own custom designed, professional Flash website for as little as 12.95$ / month. This fee includes domain registration, hosting and unlimited technical support. For more...

Ever seen kingwood?
workmanship is nothing special, but it is the prettiest wood I have ever seen. I have about 5bf of it and have to find a special use! It turns reasonably well, but perhaps after just doing a wenge...
3
3

Looking for a moulding
I want to restore the front door on my new house, which at some point had its external mouldings ripped off and plywood slapped on top. However I can't find anywhere that sells the bolection moulding...
21
21

Tool Reviews - December 2006 Complete Listing - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Here is our full tool reviews list as at December 2006. Happy holidays to all! - AWR Dovetail Master - BeadLock Loose Tenon Joinery System - Bessey K-Body Clamps - Betterley Tru Cut Insert System -...

good brands...
I am new to woodworking - I am a fine artist - I am going to be building my own frames as well as doing making some relief wall sculptures, probably...I live in a condo and have a deck where I am...
12
12

Need a basic planer
Hello, I need to replace the 1x4 trim on my front door with trim that finishes about 1.25" for hanging a storm door (basically, plain brick moulding that finishes 1.25x3.5). Next summer, we will add...
8
8

Home Depot - what a bunch of maroons
as Bugs would say. FWW had a review of spindle sanders in their Tools & Shops issue. The $200.00 RIDGID took Best Overall *and* Best Value. It just so happens that I'm interested in making some...
111
111

FA: RIDGID Herc-U-Lift/herculift
I must have picked up the last three Herc-U-Lifts in the area. I'm using one on my RIDGID planer, and the other two are up for auction on eBay. They are both new in unopened boxes. The great thing...

Stain temperature
I've seen archive posts refering to a minimum temperature of 60F for applying indoor stain (and poly?), but the new can of Minwax oil-based stain that I have makes no mention of _any_ temperature. And...
4
4

anyine recall an article on "sculpted" joints
Sometime in the last 6 months or so I read an article about making a joint where the two parts are carved etc. to make smooth transitions between the parts. i.e one part flows into another. Does...
1
1