Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Rice Rocket DIY
Nice - I like how he suggests that you "tape on the front bumper TASTEFULLY". Any project involving that much duct tape, by definition, is NOT tasteful, even before you take the bare cardboard and the...
11
11

Sparks?
Yes, they do that and its normal. I believe it is caused by the violent separation of the nail from the thin wire that hold the nails together. Also, make sure you place a few drops of oil down the...
5
5

Noob and Mortise & Tenons...
> Another noob question. Sorry! :-) Just wonderin' what most of you > guys/gals use to make mortise and tenons. Seems like this is a very > common joint for furniture construction and I'm trying to...
20
20

looking for router bit
| I could have sworn I've seen this bit but I can NOT find it in any | of the catalogues. Basically it's an edge treatment for a cabinet | door that rounds over the top edge while cutting a 3/8x3/8 |...
8
8

dado blade for smooth flat tenons?
I have a Freud SD 308 dado blade and it works very nice except for one exception. When I make a tusked tenon the blade leaves score lines on the tenon that remain unless I leave the tenon oversize and...
11
11

ZAR Wood Stain
I sure thought that I saw Zar at Lowe's may be HD. Courts Hardware in Stafford handles Zar.
13
13

PVC for air, good discussion
I'm glad I brought that up. There has been some good information posted by several contributors. I learned of a product called "Duratec" that seems to be an excellent solution to the compressed air...
5
5

Sale on Woodmaster Knives
Unfortunately I didn't buy the Woodmaster planner/molder and ended up with a general instead. How ever I noticed that the place were I order my blades from in Nova Scotia has a sale on for you...

SHAPED GUITAR CASE
Not exactly what I was looking for, but close enough. Hell, I even got poetry as one of the hits. I've been thinking of making a case for my banjo - I'm finally going to get back to working on that -...
1
1

OPEN BACK BANJO
am, therefore I think. http://www.songofthegreatlakes.com/banj.htmJOAT
3
3

CAPO
am, therefore I think. http://koti.mbnet.fi/~vesasarj/opetus/capo.htmlJOAT

ELECTRIC DAN BAU
For those of you that aren't aware, these posts are NOT anything I'm looking for. Just side-effects of searches made for my own benefit, but I'm willing to share some of what I find. The proplem is...

VIKING PANPIPES
am, therefore I think.
1
1