Subject Author Posted Replies

Table top mounting method that allows for seasonal wood movement - have a favorite??
I'm building a mission style coffee table with the table top approx. 22" X 48". (qtr sawn white oak). I've seen a couple method that allow for seasonal movement of the top: 1. Method one is to use...
2
2

preventing moisture drips from a respirator
I have a 3M 7500-series respirator that I try to wear in the shop whenever I'm making dust. I like this model and I like breathing clean air. However, moisture from my breath always condenses inside...

Hide Glue Source
Does anyone know of a source within the US of 195g and 315g hide glue? Most vendors do not list strength ratings for their glue, others sell the "bone" variety however I need the "hide" type glue in...
2
2

Woodworking
Friend, Check out: Posted Via Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **...

Lucky find of old plane
This lucky bloke found a rusty old plane in a house clearance and has just sold it on ebay for a tidy sum: W...
2
2

Next planer upgrade, installed a Wixey digital height gauge (w/pics)
Hello everyone, The previous upgrade I did to my planer was to install a Byrd cutterhead in it. The latest upgrade was to install a Wixey digital height gauge onto my Canadian made General model 130...
11
11

hello SF Bay Area
Hello, My name is Jose Borja and I would like to share my new website with this community. If you happen to request services from my iron designs company please mention this newsgroup and I will give...

What/Where is APBW ?
Don Dando
7
7

Wyne filter cartridge for HF DC
For those that have the 1200 CFM rated DC from HF (yea, I know already), has anyone tried replacing the top bag with the Wyne cartridge? Several threads recommend this to increase filtration area....
3
3

Cross-slide Vise on Mortiser
I'm thinking about mounting a cross-slide vice on a mortiser and putting a riser block under the pedestal. 1) I saw an article (or tip) about this in a woodworking magazine. Does anyone know which...
15
15

sufficient size for island eating area
I have an island that has 2 levels - a "working area" at 36" and eating area at 42". Here is a picture of the island. The eating area is built around the two cabinets which make up the lower level...
3
3

cat room plans
our local humane society is building a new building. I am looking for plans or pictures of cat walks, wall stairs ,window perches and wall mounted beds / cat trees etc. Can anyone help me with this?...
9
9

Plastic shims or shim stock
Hey, looking for some plastic shim stock. I've found some nice color coded ones, but they seem to only go up to .060". I'd like to find some that go up to say .125". I'm googling now, just figured I'd...
1
1

Using mirror as a door
Hello. I am making a small medicine cabinet. Due to the small size, I'd like to avoid putting the mirror in a frame (to maximize mirror size due to my rather giant head). My thought was to use a hinge...
9
9

Looking for Knock Down Fitting from TILUS?
Have a desk that is missing one knock down fitting. I have a picture of what I am looking for at... is very small print on it that looks like the name "TILUS", though I may be missing a letter. Does...
4
4