Subject Author Posted Replies

Trend Mortise & Tennon Jig opinion wanted.
I am thinking of buying this jig and was wondering what your opinions of the jig are. I saw it being used on TV and was impressed by its versatility. It seems like a no-brainer to use. One doesn't...
3
3

If it takes along time to sand out planer tears. Is a scraper a better way to start..?
I have some rotary cut bubinga I want to make a entry table out of . The wood and grain is really beautiful. Never worked with it before so thought I'd make a cutting board out of some of it to check...
6
6

What wood is this?
I got this wood from a giveaway pile at a lumber yard: have three big pieces of it, but I have no idea what kind of wood it is. Any hints? http://flickr.com/photos/bnz/sets/72157594422845790/I
28
28

(Off Topic) Popular Science Mag.
Popular Science magazine readers may want to check out "From the Editor" in January 2007 issue. Walt Conner
7
7

Router "sled" for flattening bench top - low friction?
Hi, I've found plenty of info on this, but one thing I haven't seen is anything about how much friction there is sliding the router sled across the rails. All the jigs I've seen are wood on wood....
8
8

Mortise chopping technique
What about a hand drill (bit and brace) to drill out the bulk of material in the middle then use the chisel to square up and clean the edges?
11
11

which mortiser to buy??????
I am looking to buy a mortiser for the workshop. The old drill press and chisel method is getting old. Any sugesstion on which one to buy. I am looking towards buying a powermatic. Any pros or cons...
7
7

If you own the Rockler dovetail jig, please read this posting
I am making some drawers from 1/2" baltic birch plywood. I am doing half blind dovetails. In setting up the jig, the last step is to set the fence the proper distance from the edge of the router base...
3
3

Woodcraft $20 clamp set caution
Just a reminder--check the surfaces before you use them. Found that one of mine had a big metal blob in the middle of one of the flats. Unfortunately I found it by knocking a big divot into a nice...
6
6

Re Japanese plane photographic misadventures
Maybe try a slight rounding off of the plane blades' edge? Just noticing some dig-in, but that could be from that "wild-grained stock". Pine? Is the Workmate holding up well to your plane stroke, or...

Advice needed: splined long miter joint?
I believe the term you're looking for is a "pattern bit". There are both bits with the bearing between the cutting edges and the shaft, and bearing kits you can get that fit into your router base and...

Proper name for type of router bit?
Template bit http://www.routerbits.com/cgi-routerbits/sr.cgi?1166203860_8893+47
5
5

Ping Morris: BRAND NEW CNC MACHINE BITS - $1?
Despite their come-on subject line, these thing mail easily ... might be something you're interested in:
19
19

WoodWorks with David Marks
How will a sling box help him in Europe where the show is not shown (I assume)?? Ogee wrote:
12
12

Retarding white glue...?
Howdy, I have some vague recollection that the addition of vinegar will retard the setup of white glue. Is that correct? Is there another, or better way? This is, by the way, for a very low strength...
7
7