Subject Author Posted Replies

Sliding dovetail drawer guides
I'm making a limited space cabinet for the bathroom and want to put 2 drawers in the top part with sliding dovetails. Only 7" deep but I want the drawers to open 100%+. I have the 3 pieces (including...
14
14

Newbie question on edge joining
That's a good tip. However, I read elsewhere that Titebond glue does not glue to itself (something to do with the formula/properties). This makes it hard to repair joints that were originally glued...
26
26

Craftsman radial arm saw motor runs slow
I have a Crafstsman radil arm saw model 113.197.150. When I went to use it today it started but the motor turned very slow. When I pulled the motor apart I found to small wires not connected (I think...
4
4

What can be used for resealing partially used contents: glue, paint...
I am just wondering if I anyone has suggestions for a re-usable containers, or cheap enough, or commonly available so you can get rid of the extra air in mostly used containers. It could be anything...
33
33

Old Stains Still Usable?
Hi and Happy Holidays, I have some old stains that have been sitting in the basement at least 15 years. Are they still any good? They are Behlen Master Solar Lux and Watco Danish Oil. Thanks, Gary
4
4

Need help identifying this species of tree
I'm trying to identify the species of wood that this stump came from. The pictures I took are at for the first stump, I'm clueless. But I do know that it's very heavy, as I had one heck of a time...
13
13

FA: Knight Wooden Plane
Ebay 160063612926. Thanks, Jim.

Lye in S.E. America?
Preferably in SW FLA or SW North Carolina. A source for plain ole Lye. If you know of one, pls advise if you know of a source.
27
27

Wooden motorcycle rocking horse.
I always thought there would be a way to make a quality motorhorse ( for want of a better word) at an affordable price. I had witnessed a guy selling a lot of them at a bike show at $400.00 each. They...

Re: Jig saw questions?
reposting since no replies yet.
8
8

Triton Router - Which one.
I made a router screw jack for that purpose. A 2.5" x 2.5" x 1.5" with a Tee nut mounted on top through a hole at the center depth 1.5". Then a 4-tooth 1/2" plywood wooden sprocket with a 1/4-20 slot...
10
10

Spanish Cedar vs. Royal Cedar?
Hello, I'm working with some wood that's supposed to be "royal cedar", or cedrella odorata. It's very, very similar to "spanish cedar", and indeed is sold as such. What I've noticed about the wood I'm...
1
1

Woodworker's Journal eZine Digital Digest
FYI: Woodworker's Journal eZine Digital Digest Resource Digest - Woodworking | Blog | Videos | Plans | How To

Baskets
I bought this basket at a yard sale and it is hard to fathom how it was made. Could be some production thing from asia. It is simply oak sections about a half inch by 2 inch all glued together in a...
4
4

INSPIRATION - Pukey Duck Bank
Kinda looks like it's high on something. JOAT Where does Batman buy gas for the Batmobile? http://www.lunn.ca/woodentoys/images/duckbank.jpg