Subject Author Posted Replies

Ridgid 6" random orbital sander at Home Depot for $100
Looks like they're getting rid of the old ones (latest model is the R2611 but I have no idea what the difference is). It's $111.20 on the web site until 12/21 (regular $139, but at the B&M, it's $129)...
8
8

Tannewitz GH 36" Bandsaw
Tilting table 35-1/2" X 37" auxillary table, 16-1/2" X19" underneath guide, 7-1/2 ph 3 ph mptor, automatic brake, serial # 6068. Can this tool's motor be changed for 220 (home shop) usage? I may be...
6
6

Up-Cut Saw
What is an Up-Cut saw, how does it operate (I have a 1980 Rockwell Uni-saw, is it similar?), is an up-cut saw used similarly as a regular table saw, is a left hand up-cut saw preferred and why (as...
6
6

reeding a Sheraton bed post
Does anyone know what type of router bit you would use to reed a Sheraton bed post? Rudy
2
2

Any Comments on Rigid Palm Sander
I have been using a Makita and Dewalt ΒΌ"sheet palm sanders. They both work well but the dust collection system is not all that good. The switches are working but at time I need two hands to turn the...
19
19

Cutting P-formed Countertop
A magazine I saw today featured a JIG for cutting Post Formed Countertops such as the one a reader had a problem with last week (and posted here). Basically, it is two pieces of 3/4" MDF or plywood...
2
2

B&D "Improved" 9.6 Volt Battery
I've gone through two B&D Chargers and several batteries without destroying the drill itself. Noticed a battery in Wal-Mart labeled "Improved" and wondered if anyone knew about it. Is it much of an...
1
1

Rigid TS3650 squareing rip fence to table
I just bought a good quality square and discovered my rip fence is not exactly square with respect to the table. It is square to the miter slots. I looked through my manual but did not find how to...
8
8

converting cuting list to materials list... need help
I am looking at a set of plans which has a very detailed cut list and am a little at a loss to convert that list to a materials to purchase list. For example, 3/4 x 2 3/4 x27; many such pieces on the...
6
6

RE: innovative tools
The silly advertising thread in here raised and interesting question. What was the last TRULY innovative hand or power tool that hit the general market? The DeWalt combi mitre/table saw maybe?...
11
11

Life Battery tools NICD VS NIMH
Bosch Blu GSB 12 VE2 NIMH 2AH 4/5SC inside Panasonic after three years Death Metabo 9,6V NICD 1,2 Ah Battery Life eight years! Your experience?? Regards
3
3

woodworking vises
What do you guys suggest for covering woodworking vises hard or soft wood?
8
8

Attaching vise to shop fox workbench
Hello Everyone: My sons recently purchased Shop Fox workbench legs and stringers (angl and plate steel 2" x 2" x 1/8". I am attempting to attach a vise to the workbenc (table top has not been...
1
1

Wooden Machines Books.
Anyone have a copy of Making Wooden Mechanical Models by Gill & Alan Bridgewater they are willing to part with? They are out of print and rather scarce. I think they shipped with a book club in the...
6
6

Loctite for wood screws?
The hinges on my kitchen cabinets screw into the inside edge of the maple frame. Each hinge is only screwed to the frame with one screw. The hinges are similar to these: once in a while I need to...
34
34